Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you go full width (65") with 35" tires, or would that just be silly? Would 63" like a waggy be better? God this sounds pathetic, but I really didn't want to hear JU opinions.

·
Registered
700 Posts
They look fine. Hell, just get full width 69 inch axles and run hummer rums. The hum-v rims make up for the width of the axles. If you need more info, just use the search button.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
171 Posts
my friend is running waggy 44's on his and it looks fine, but I think the wheels have pretty shallow backspacing (36x12.5 on 15x10 rims) which is probably why he keeps ruining front wheel bearings.

65" WMS axles with correctly backspaced wheels would probably look exactly the same.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
full width would be fine, most full width are about 67" wide over all. However like jeepaholic said 8-lug is around 69" and with hummer beadlocks will be a good width for your ride, and hummer beadlocks just happen to be 8 lug as well.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Sorry about not clarifying that I was talking about 8 lug axles earlier. I know that it isn't a TJ but here is a pic of a YJ with a 14 bolt and hum-v rims just for visual width reference. If you have any other questions let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'd love hum-v rims, but i think that's somewhat out of my budget at the moment. But full width sounds like the way to go. I'm looking into a rear 9", either built or bought, can't decide yet, but it won't happen till the summer so I've got some time to think it over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts