Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got info on mating an aw4 auto trans (90XJ) to a yota case so I can run 2 cases nice and easy? searched and all i found was someone else asking the same question :) thought it might be time to ask again..

thanks

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
No adapters yet that I have seen. But you could swap in an SM420 and run Marlin's adapters to the Yota t-case.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
DSI has a dana 300 mated to a toy case he might have an Idea. I know he made the adapter himself. I realize this isn't what you asked but it is a place to look.

Also the AW-4 is made by Aisin which also makes toyota parts so what you are looking for may exsist in some form.

It will be interesting to see if you suceed. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not terribly worried about fabbing something up myself, i was just wondering if there was an adapter i could copy :)

the sm420 is a good idea. i dont have the first clue about swapping in a manual though, since i have never really wanted to.
ill look into that.

im too cheap for an atlas, and i want something unique- everyone swaps ford shit onto their XJs, why not be different and do some yota stuff? seems like yotas are a dime a dozen at the junkyards too.

any other interesting dual case setups out there? i did see this one and it looks pretty neato.. i have a spare 231 i can hack up too.

any ideas on a 203+205 swap onto an aw4?

i did see this and it looks neato, but i dont want to mess with the CPS bullshit, and i dont want to spring for a front-mount unit.

the more i think about it the better idea an atlas or klune sounds..

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts