Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a total newbie with the Jeep world, I'm a Mopar owner trying to help
someone who is computer illiterate ;-)
I know of a man who owns a Jeep trailer. His master cylinder is shot,
and he would need another one.
It would be really appreciated if someone could give me some pointers
to someone/a shop who could help me.
I have shots of the tag of the trailer with numbers on them.

Thanks in advance,

Bruno Verachten

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Shoot me the pics and I will post them for ya. Is it an original military trailer? Always cool to see people from other countries here :beer:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Keith,

Keith Strong said:
Shoot me the pics and I will post them for ya. Is it an original military trailer? Always cool to see people from other countries here :beer:
Thanks for your help; I just sent you the pics.
I hope they're not too big.
I think it's an original military trailer, but my knowledge on Jeeps is
next to null. :shaking:
I don't have pics of the trailer now, but I hope I can have some if
someone wants them.

Bruno.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Do you see that number that says tech manual TM9-2330-251-14P, Do a search for military tech manuals and see if you can come up with one. It will tell you the part number and how to service the trailer.
I just happen to be a defense contractor and have many tech manuals on CD ROM, but I think that one is older than my data. I will check it out.
Once you find the part number you can search military surplus or Governmentliquidation.com to find the parts.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't have that one. The closest one I have is for an M332 which is a 1-1/2 ton ammo trailer. They are very similar and may have the same braking system. PM me with your e-mail if you want a PDF file of the M332 tech manual.
Once you find the part number you need, let me know and I can give you some pointers on where to find one.
Old military stuff is cool, but I can't help but think you could find some seals and rebuild the old one a lot easier.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I have a M100 trailer and I'm planning on using a clutch slave cylinder for the trailer brakes. Unless the owner wants perfection, a simple small cylinder should work fine to pressurize the wheel cylinders. The one I'm using is from some japanese import with a remote reservoir.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi RedRooster,

RedRooster said:
I don't have that one. The closest one I have is for an M332 which is a 1-1/2 ton ammo trailer. They are very similar and may have the same braking system. PM me with your e-mail if you want a PDF file of the M332 tech manual.
Once you find the part number you need, let me know and I can give you some pointers on where to find one.
Old military stuff is cool, but I can't help but think you could find some seals and rebuild the old one a lot easier.
Thanks a lot for your help, I'll send you a PM with my email address.
Well, if I can find a rebuild kit, I would be more than happy!

Bruno.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You've got mail.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Or get it straight from the Gov.

https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/data/A/058673.pdf

TM 9-2330-251-14&P
TECHNICAL MANUAL
OPERATOR’S, ORGANIZATIONAL, DIRECT SUPPORT,
AND GENERAL SUPPORT MAINTENANCE MANUAL
(INCLUDING REPAIR PARTS AND SPECIAL TOOLS LISTS)
FOR
TRAILER, CARGO: l/4-TON, 2-WHEEL
M416 (NSN 2330-00-706-5495)
AND
M416A1 (NSN 2330-01-046-2855)

Got this and other links from http://www.vegasauto.net/m416/

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yep. I forgot about the Logsa site.
It looks like the part number for the master is 10614. A quick search of my FedLog program revealed that the master was either made or sold by Tiger Line Equipment in Minster, Ohio. Phone 419-628-3388.
I called and spoke to a man named John and he said they actually still have some in stock. They are priced at $119. That's high, very high. If your friend wants to go back all original then they will probably be the only ones to have it in stock besides the other surplus place I PM'd you about.
Pretty resourceful group lurking in here, huh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RedRooster said:
Yep. I forgot about the Logsa site.
It looks like the part number for the master is 10614. A quick search of my FedLog program revealed that the master was either made or sold by Tiger Line Equipment in Minster, Ohio. Phone 419-628-3388.
I called and spoke to a man named John and he said they actually still have some in stock. They are priced at $119. That's high, very high. If your friend wants to go back all original then they will probably be the only ones to have it in stock besides the other surplus place I PM'd you about.
Pretty resourceful group lurking in here, huh.
You're a GREAT bunch! I will see my friend tomorrow, and ask him which
way he wants to go.
BTW, I don't want to impose on your kindness, but do you think they sell
rebuild kits too?
Thank you so much, you are a great help to me!

Later,

Bruno.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts