Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can this be done? who makes the adaptor? i have a t400 out of a qutratrac that i would like to mate to a 208 and put into a waggy. how hard will this be. also are the bolt patterns the same on the jeep t400 as the chevy? also what about spline counts? need help....
thanks
shawn

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Originally posted by spwest2:
<STRONG>can this be done? who makes the adaptor? i have a t400 out of a qutratrac that i would like to mate to a 208 and put into a waggy. how hard will this be. also are the bolt patterns the same on the jeep t400 as the chevy? also what about spline counts? need help....
thanks
shawn</STRONG>
The quadratrac uses a 10 spline output shaft. I don't know what the spline count is on the Jeep or Chevy NP208, but I'm sure it's not 10. The AMC bellousing pattern is different from the GM pattern, but otherwise the tranny is the same. What engine are you using? If it's an AMC, I would get a GM TH400 and a GM NP208 transfercase combo, and put all of the guts into your AMC pattern TH400 case. That way, only factory parts are used.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
You will need to change the out put shaft in the tranny. The quadratrac uses a very long output shaft. I know you already have the 400 but it would be easier to get the AMC 727/208 setup.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i blew up the 727 and like the 400 better, might be easier to pull another 727 huh?

·
Registered
811 Posts
the th400+dana 20 from a jeep isnt really easy to find anymore.

use a core GM th400 from a later model 4x4 to ge the round NP pattern output and shaft and then use an AMC th400 from a Qtrack.

BUt the 727 is easier, and cheaper, and probably hte better choice.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Shawn, if john wants a Turbo 400/Dana 20 combo, I saw a Waggy on its side with that setup at the yard. It was the one just east of Buckly and Colfax, Sand flats maybe?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts