Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this is the right spot. But I'm looking for something to take the familly out in on the weekend expoditions. I want a 90's jeep or 4runner. But my question is, how are the automatics in the 4runners for those years? I really want a standard but they seem to be really hard to come by. I plan on aggressively up grading what ever I get but if I get a auto in a 4runner how reliable are they?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
aaaand here come the troll posts :lmao:

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
Its a toyota. In no way would i expect it to be worse than a jeep auto.
well, codesigned transmissions, they should be pretty close to the same level of trash :lmao:

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Don't know if this is the right spot. But I'm looking for something to take the familly out in on the weekend expoditions. I want a 90's jeep or 4runner. But my question is, how are the automatics in the 4runners for those years? I really want a standard but they seem to be really hard to come by. I plan on aggressively up grading what ever I get but if I get a auto in a 4runner how reliable are they?

Thank you
4wd mini van with Thornbirds is the setup you need. Is today Tuesday?

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
If you want to bolt on a lift and go have fun, I'd go 4runner. Keep the IFS and buy the good stuff who ever that is still.

If you want a straight axle crawler later, start with the Jeep because it will be way easier to upgrade later.

I've never owned a 4runner but my brother has had a few and they make better kid haulers than cherokee's do. I have jeeps, when I go wheeling with my brother, my boy would rather ride in the 4runner because it has more leg room in the back seat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts