Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
brice thomas made mine and did a good job, they made the core a custom thickness, were willing todo custom tanks and put the water necks on how i needed them. i dont see above 180 when driving and crawling rarely see over 190 on hot days

http://www.cgj.com/affiliates/brice-thomas-radiator/

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Here's what I used to cool the 2007 LQ4 6.0L Chevy in my 1987 YJ:

• 26"X19" Griffin 2-Row Aluminum Radiator (Too wide...you should go an inch or so narrower to avoid the installation hassles I had to deal with)
  • Flex-a-Lite 6-Pass Engine Oil Cooler Kit
  • Flex-a-Lite Black Magic 150 Electric Fan (puller w/built-in shroud)
Runs cooler than a cucumber.

A lot of guys doing the LSx swaps use an OEM 2-speed fan (from a Ford Taurus or the like) and control it using the PCM, which has provisions for 2-speed fan control. I've got enough spare cooling capacity that my fan only ever comes on when I'm idling or creeping when it's REALLY hot out, so just I used the built-in single-speed fan controller in the Flex-a-lite fan and it works fine for me.

HTH,
Jake

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I used a v8 conv radiator in my cj7 and it cools my tbi350 just fine with a Taurus fan. Only use the low speed mostly but I'll bump it up to high when doing technical stuff in the summer time here in Texas when my steering pump needs some extra air.

·
Registered
496 Posts
we offer conversion radiators that are all-aluminum and are the same thickness as a 4-core. We can also put the inlet and outlet anywhere you want for no additional charge

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I used a standard conversion radiator for my 5.9 conversion in my TJ. It's just a TJ radiator with the tanks swapped. It ran about $200. Been cooling great for three years.

My buddy had his stock YJ radiator modified to swap the inlets on his 5.2 swap.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
you can buy a northern off of ebay for less than $200 then you just need a piece of alum angle welded to each tank. drill 4 holes and it mounts right in..

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
From the Ultimate Wrangler Build Ups

Dookies Revenge is using a Griffin 1-55271-X (31” x 16”)
Copperhead Build used a griffin Griffin 1-26221-X (26” x 16”)
I used a Griffin CU-55182-01 (22” x19”)

I used mine for a few months and now I am chopping off my front frame and changing things up. I will likely be going with a 26x 16

This is the page I have been using to determine the exact rad I will use.

http://www.griffinrad.com/race_radiators.cfm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts