Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TJ & XJ guys, you are next
CJ guys can use my standard panel

JEEP YJ WINCH Control Panel done in Polished Aluminum:)
READY TO SELL.TO ORDER just purchase standard "IN_CAB WINCH CONTROL" at $29.99 + $5 shipping, & put a note "YJ PANEL SIZE PLEASE"

http://www.12voltguy.com/home.php?cat=268

I call these "YJ exact fit" other models to come, CJ's can use my standard model, custom sizes & panels are no problem
To Install:
Only 2 plastic straps between switch cutouts need to be removed & 2 holes drilled., Use a hack saw blade & just straight cut these 2 out, my switches are made to fit perfectly with only cutting out those 2 little straps & drilling 2 11/64" holes
It took a fair bit of trail & error to get a template done, so I can make these up easily now.
The factory left 2 alignment pins in stock dash. So you can install panel, & mark 2 mounting holes, remove drill & then you mount with 2 supplied SS screws & nuts. I supply nut certs, but these just need to be used as a nuts in this panel..

1st pic of dash part.

2 shows 2 plastic straps between switches, use a hack saw blade & just straight cut these 2 out, my switches are made to fit perfectly with only cutting out those 2 little straps & drilling 2 11/64" holes Took a fair bit of trail & error to get a template done, so I can make these up easily now.

3 shows straps cut out

4 shows unit installed with 2 alignment pins in stock dash. you mount with 2 supplied SS screws & nuts. I supply nut certs, but these just need to be used as a nuts in this panel.:)

5 shows completed install:)

·
Registered
831 Posts
So do you have to cut up a winch remote to get it to work with winch? Or does it come with wires to get it to work?

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lilbuddy said:
So do you have to cut up a winch remote to get it to work with winch? Or does it come with wires to get it to work?
NO, you do not modify your hand held plug in remote at all. you still retain it for outside use. You just connect this inside the winch same as the handheld
Very simple
2 wires(not included) go from controler in cab 14 gauge or bigger to winch.
1 12v poer wire to arming switch in panel from fusebox in cab of truck
1 ground wire to LED.
panel is prewired.
some winches also require the use of grounds for the solinoid pack.
in that case you use the 2nd pole of the momentary switch for ground side.
running 2 more wires to winch.
instruction sheets are included

·
Registered
854 Posts
Just a quick plug for Darren:

I just ordered a winch panel for my jeep. Within minutes of my order Darren emailed me to confirm the item that I ordered; and notified me the panel will ship out on Tuesday. This is awesome customer service!!! And this is on a Sunday evening!!!

Thanks Darren. I look forward to doing business with you again!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
THEY LOOK GREAT
I want one of the yj winch + 3 switchs , air, fan, lights.
how much to edmonton canada

1 - 20 of 28 Posts