Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
So was this an LJ with the axle pushed back or a TJ with the tub stretched.
It was a 97 TJ I stretched the body and frame 10" on. Had a Tera long arm kit for an Unlimited on it. Great rig. Wish I had the patience to do it again.

·
Registered
585 Posts
does anyone have any good photos of the cages inside these jeeps?

reason i ask is i have a 1991 YJ with a scrambler halfcab on it and it gets cold here in the winter so i would like to try and keep that halfcab but im not sure how to make it removable and still have a strong cage....

·
Premium Member
321 Posts

reason i ask is i have a 1991 YJ with a scrambler halfcab on it and it gets cold here in the winter so i would like to try and keep that halfcab but im not sure how to make it removable and still have a strong cage....
Depends how easily removable you want it to be. Tube clamps is how I did it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gprguy/sets/72157623179310025/

Zach at A2Z built it based off of my design, I love it.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts

This is how BTF did it. Tube clamps.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thanks man! I traded my 4runner for it so I can't take credit for it. It now has 42" mtrs, Dana 300, 60 rear (looking for 60 front) and soon a cage.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I don't have any info on either of these, other than the fact that they are in Romania.

·
Registered
860 Posts
built by Dustin Moore. He was, or is, a salesman at 4wheelparts in Colorado. The cat knows Jeeps for sure. The thing is super clean. Here is another one he built years ago which was also extremely cool.

Gotta give props where it is due!

181 - 200 of 386 Posts