Pirate 4x4 banner

301 - 313 of 313 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Dookey! You were the inspiration for much of this build, you should buy this awesome project and continue on your mad fab skills!

I don't have any updated pictures but here are some good, overviews from the build. I will roll El Jeepo outta the garage and get some updated pics, sorry I should've done this sooner.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #304

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #305

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Great idea, I will look into that. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Done! Thanks for the advice, already getting comments.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Such a cool build! Sorry to hear you are selling, any info or link on the for sale post we can pass around?
I've only listed it here and on the Facebook 'Jeepster/Commando buy and sell page." Thanks for the assist!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hello everyone!

I hope this message finds all of you safe, healthy and not too stir crazy with the pandemic lock-down. It has been two years since I posted any updates on El Jeepo because it has been that long since I’ve worked on it. Unfortunately, I’ve lost my mojo with this project. I’ve been hoping that after retiring, which I did at the end of 2018, that I would be reinvigorated and ready to get at it. It just hasn’t been the case.

With a lot of contemplation and angst, we’ve decided to move on from this awesome project. Yes, El Jeepo is for sale.

A lot of the major work has been completed but, make no mistake, there is still plenty of work to be done. The work is always in the details! The chassis is mostly done, just some smaller tubing work and finish welding for the cage. The engine/trans/transfer case are all mounted and done. The axles are done, drive shafts are in, carriers are Hi-9s and in. All axle shafts and drive slugs/locking hubs are still in boxes.

Major work yet to be done are the cooling, fuel and electronic systems. The dash needs to be re-installed. Fenders need to be built and the front group mounted. The seats and driver controls are in but the steering orbital valve and shafts need to be fab’d up and mounted.

I have just about all of the parts needed to finish this project minus raw materials, such as roll cage tubing, fuel tubing, exhaust tubing, wiring, etc.

I have over $40K invested in this project. I will consider offers in the $25K range. I am not interested in trades, I don’t need anything, especially another project! Please respond to this thread with questions, someone else might have the same question that I may be able to answer for the whole group.

You can reach me at (760) 964-6182, my name is Mike.

Good luck with the Sale Mike! This is an awesome Jeep -

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Sale pending...! Took a deposit on Tuesday and the new owner will be here this weekend to pick her up. Looking forward to seeing some progress on this Jeepster Commando!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
With a bit of sadness but relieved of the pressure to get 'er done, El Jeepo went home to her new owner yesterday. This was a good move, the new owners are experienced fabricators and have the stamina and ability to finish this project quickly and with high standards. Can't wait to see it all done. Might be able to catch a look at next year's King of the Hammers event...

301 - 313 of 313 Posts