Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I was rear ended, my gas gauge has been acting funny. It works from full to half and then doesnt work below half a tank. When you start it up at half or below the neeedle will move around (like search mode) and then always stops and shows more than half a tank.
I was rear ended at about 10 miles an hour and only looked like minimal insignificant damage. He gave me $500 to close the matter. I did not know about this problem for several days.

I thought maybe it was the fuel sender, but you have to buy it as part of the pump. I am told the repair is $850.

Why would it work above half a tank and not below? Is there something else external I can check? Thanks. -- Ken

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had a camaro do that to me. Come to find out that after I was hit all of the fuel sloshed over and tweaked the sender arm. It would rub on it's way down and I had the same problem. :( I had to drop the tank to fix it, I bought a diffrent sender, I was unsure if I could ever make the old one accurate again.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How hard is it to get at the sender? Is it a big pain to drop (after draining of course) the tank?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
It is a pretty straight job to accomplish..even for the shade tree mechanics. Just be sure to re-install the tar strips between the gas tank and the straps....good luck...:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts