Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Everybody hates them, no one builds them, they don't work in competition, no one will ever win KOH in one, etc.:laughing:

J/K, they're obviously beyond proven, I don't own one but they seem to be of the highest quality and from what I've seen are a great value as well...they seem to have it figured out for sure. In summary, I don't think you could go wrong with that decision. .02

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
looking to buy a jimmys 4x4 chassis. any likes or dislikes thought ect. thanks
Great product, good luck finding one and enjoy when you do:D
You might find some help at Bent and Twisted in Ness City Kansas,Look for contact info on the venders list on here, Ask for Mike.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
give randy a call and check out his photobucket. not sure what your looking to do with it as far as race compete crawl etc but he has some awesome new designs out and pricing is very competitive.

·
5,599 Posts
I cant wait to get mine, should be another two months in the oven.

I contact Randy seeing if he had any used trade-ins in my price range. Afew days later he stopped by my house in Arizona showed me some build plans and we worked a build plan "new" very close to my original budget. He really hooked me up.

I chose the podium pro-mod chassis to get more rear storage space. I need storage space for regular trails wheelin. I also chose to do the radiator above the seatbelt tube to give more space for storage and better cooling for the hot AZ temps. My build is for AZ trails so I chose 110in wheel base 1.5in longer then my old trail rig. I wanted a rig that could meet WEROCK rules so another reason to do the promod rear frame style. Chose 1.75in tube due to current tech inspection rules/recommendations for this weight rig.
I picked the grand cherokee hood because Im a cherokee guy.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I've only heard one negative thing about them, and I would have the same gripe. But I guess the belly section, the sides and bottom plate area is welded on. So you can't pull the boat sides and belly. :confused:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
chassis

thanks for the input. i do rock races ,koh/ hammers and pretty much wheel pretty hard so i need something that will take a beating. i have some sponsers that want to invest in a chassis so im just looking at pros and cons . i really like the bomber chassis but he only builds turn key rigs, i have all the parts just need the chassis.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everybody hates them, no one builds them, they don't work in competition, no one will ever win KOH in one, etc.:laughing:

J/K, they're obviously beyond proven, I don't own one but they seem to be of the highest quality and from what I've seen are a great value as well...they seem to have it figured out for sure. In summary, I don't think you could go wrong with that decision. .02
lol very true. and thank you

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
The jimmy chassis is proven and tough........From 09 on there has been several jimmys chassis in the top 10 every year since. I would say they are tough if they finish that well in the toughest race ever. If you can do it thats a great choice.......Easy Rick also has a great chassis. :smokin:

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I've only heard one negative thing about them, and I would have the same gripe. But I guess the belly section, the sides and bottom plate area is welded on. So you can't pull the boat sides and belly. :confused:
I do here this,
one a rig that is going to be super Abusive Loren Healey, Derek West, you ever seen how a woman drives,,lol), we like to tie the Belly and Link mounts together so the the links are pulling through the Belly and not the tube..

Cottins first rig had a Removeable belly and the Last new Chassis we Designed, the Trail series has a removeable belly.
We just Re-designed that chassis with a smaller belly still planning to keep it open,,,New skid plate in the works taht will have a hole on Left and right sides also the belly will drop off.....

As far as Transmission removal, we use a Removable seat tube I can get Transmission out in a 1.5 hours, or about hour with two guys...

The belly is pretty open, so working on shifter levers or getting to seat bolts, etc is pretty easy...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts