Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am serious'ly looking at doing a Vendors Forum...
starting with;

Turnkey
Roller's
chassis
axles ( we build all kinds of Hi-Brid axles in House)
Transmissions ( also a In-House Item)
Motors
Shocks and suspension
Tires and wheels
Parts to go Turnkey
Builds/Projects
Team Jimmy's

You guys think this would be a Good Idea??
I already Talked to a few of our suppliers and they said they would come in and out to answer Tech questions....

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Could be a good idea. Just have to keep in mind that bad things can come as well. Look at Ballistics sub forum. Half of the stuff on there is complaints about there shipping. Word of mouth stuff like that never looks good. So if you think you can take the good with the bad then go for it. I am interested to see what all you offer beyond the turnkeys and chassis your known for.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when I seen the Balistic forum that thought crossed my mind.

as I really got to thinking about, we do a lot of stuff or have stuff available that people have no Idea about.....

I Interviewed a Media/Web site/Forum Guy last night, to help out with..
Might also get him to help with shipping..

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
I would get a subforum here. If you want it for more than just current customers it'd be better.

I know I would look on this site, but doubt I'd travel to your own forum very often other than when I'm looking to purchase parts from you online and happen to see the link.

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
I would get a subforum here. If you want it for more than just current customers it'd be better.

I know I would look on this site, but doubt I'd travel to your own forum very often other than when I'm looking to purchase parts from you online and happen to see the link.
x2--I check Pirate daily, (if not sometimes hourly), and a lot of people do the same.

I only visit other forums every 1-2 weeks.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Go for it JIMMY....I think you bake the best cookies anywhere!;)

sweet stuff
Haha I was just thinking WHY? Wouldn't you just have one post to make in there? :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I know Jim took care of us the best he could and thats all any one can really ask for. With pirate as big as it is and the capabalities you guys have to pump out rigs, I'm sure you could use the exposure with all the parts you sell that go into making these ultra competive rigs. Give 'em hell Randy.
Jake

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I think the sub-forums are good...in addition to posts/threads in the other vendor sections. Many people totally dig your stuff and are loyal, but many people may have never heard of your company and will not go into a sub-forum, but may see your posts in the other Vendor sections and tech forums. If you count on people just going into a sub-forum you may be loosing out.

BTW, congrats on the team success at KOH. I am sure last year was a bummer with goofy issues and this year was redemption. Nice work. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
You have no idea how much stuff they make:smokin: I agree, there is good with the bad, some people just need to talk about something, good or bad. You are growing by leap's and bound's, I think you have alot that people need to see, lot's of part's for the home builder, but I use alot of your junk so I am a bit bias:flipoff2:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
I thought the idea started to help Ballistic as there was a large number of unhappy people. Now it seems it's another way for pirate4x4.com to make money. I don't know what a special forum costs and don't care to; but it is a business decision that you have to make. I would notice a new product or idea in the gen4x4 section long before I would click on your specific forum. Until they change the privileges of the yellow star, I don't know if it would be worth it...to me.

Build a cruiser buggy already, will ya :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
With the momentum you've got coming off of KOH, I would capitalize. Personally I've only thought of Jimmy's 4x4 if I had 40k burning a hole in my pocket. If you've got more to offer, I for one would love to have to have a specific place to ask the man in charge instead of everyone else chiming in.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
As I build a new car for 2010. I am constantly surfing the sites with fabricator parts. I would definetly be on your site if there were more parts on it.
I think a solid web site with your products would serve the same purpose as a forum or sub forum. Would also protect you from the bad side of a forum discussed at the top of the thread.

Will be calling soon for a silverado hood and fenders. I need the measurements to make sure it will fit. PM the measurements if you have a minute. If not we will talk soon.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
'Tis the time...you guys have made an amazing showing lately...topped off with a KOH win obviously.:smokin:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Could be a good idea. Just have to keep in mind that bad things can come as well. Look at Ballistics sub forum. Half of the stuff on there is complaints about there shipping. Word of mouth stuff like that never looks good. So if you think you can take the good with the bad then go for it. I am interested to see what all you offer beyond the turnkeys and chassis your known for.
ballistic does suck for there shipping. but if you dont have proplems with your shipping you got nothing to worry about. well alot less. and it would be nice to see more of your products and prices. kinda makes it a pain in the ass to buy some thing from you when we cant be lazy and just see and order it off line:flipoff2:

some day when i win the power ball i plan on getting one of your buggies they're sick:beer:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
ttt

yeah i think a lot of us who cant afford to buy turn key rigs would love to see your fabricator parts and prices that we can buy and put on our projects at home.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts