Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put my axles off of a 2018 jl onto a buddy’s 2018 jk and now his traction control keeps coming on.
Any ideas why, they have the same count tone ring.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I recently put my axles off of a 2018 jl onto a buddy’s 2018 jk and now his traction control keeps coming on.
Any ideas why, they have the same count tone ring.
Most likely the steering angle sensor. Did you get an alignment done?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am this week
That's why the lights on. When it's aligned it will go off. If you want to try it yourself you'll need to adjust the drag link and get the steering wheel straight. If the toe is off enough to register a difference at the wheel speed sensors it could stay on.

I don't believe you need to reset anything in the ecu. Last time I was in there with a snap on scanner the button to reset the steering angle sensor didn't seem to actually do anything.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
705 Posts
On the JKs, yes the steering wheel being at center when you drive down the road is what it wants, if it has an angle seen from the angle sensor in the steering column while you are driving straight, it thinks you are inputting a turn with the wheel. The "G" sensors in the traction control module won't see any yaw, and it then thinks you are in an understeer skid and applies the traction control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the JKs, yes the steering wheel being at center when you drive down the road is what it wants, if it has an angle seen from the angle sensor in the steering column while you are driving straight, it thinks you are inputting a turn with the wheel. The "G" sensors in the traction control module won't see any yaw, and it then thinks you are in an understeer skid and applies the traction control.
Jeep changed the abs sensor design from jk to jl models, they use a completely different style ie. one reads from the tip and jl reads from the side, I was told this by artec. I'm doing a one tone swap and will have similar prob, waiting for them to finish their prototype hubs to fix the issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts