Pirate 4x4 banner

Johnson Valley Picture Post

140K views 264 replies 137 participants last post by  DJ404564X4 
#1 ·
Post up your pics here.:D

#100 ·
We came out that Sunday morning, the Sun before Thanksgiving. We wanted to hit a trail in the snow, but the snow was still falling. Since we had guys from the Bay area and from Phoenix, we figured we better get out while we could.

It might have been fun, though.

#102 ·
Here are a few pictures from the Thanksgiving run.

Attachments

#105 ·
No, it's east of Bessimer off of Boone Rd, near Means Dry Lake.

#125 ·
It's terrible to have to see those pics in a thread like this but that's the reality as well as what Blaine said. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly...

Why do people think that a fire ring is a trash can when they pull stakes and leave anyway???

And now back to the fun stuff! I like this pic because when I turned the corner and saw the holes I thought I was screwed for sure...

#128 ·
yea, that was aftershock. i wanted to do the whole thing, but we were with a jeep on 32's with an open front. we were doing the trail from south to north, but had to turn around when we got to the big rocks. fun trail.

#132 ·
But I still don't think I will ever fully understand, cause its not something I could ever do. If you know what I mean.
We are the many that think like this. Unfortunately , it is the few that stand out in the crowd.

#135 ·
You know this trash crap in the desert is really disgusting. I moved to Apple Valley a couple of years ago when we retired. One of the things we enjoy is geocaching. We learned a lot about our area doing this. I never knew about Juniper Flats and have just started to explore. Neat area. But everywhere we went, people left just everything. PIGS.

This morning I drove out to meet some friends to do Shredder Canyon out by Lake Los Angeles. Trash all along the ride. Everything that fits in a pickup and dumped along the road. Did not even drive off the road. Just dumped it next to the road. What low lifes! Then the trash in and around Shredder. Again, amazing.

I picked up a nail in my rig somewhere along the line at the Bender event. Use magnets in camp, but still can't keep up with it.

I think a lot of us are conerned about losing JV and a way of life. I think a lot of the people who use JV have no idea what a neat place they have and really don't care about anything but themselves.

See ya all at the FOJV on Tuesday.

#136 ·
Everything that fits in a pickup and dumped along the road. Did not even drive off the road. Just dumped it next to the road.
What I read from that is most of the dumpers are locals and non-4x4 folks... we see that on trails everywhere, that the illegal dumping tapers off rapidly when clearance challenges escalate. There are a few idiots on our side, as well, but the general populace is the biggest problem... law enforcement works well, regardless -- but we need to keep them focused on our needs, or other squeaky wheels will distract them.

I think a lot of us are conerned about losing JV and a way of life. I think a lot of the people who use JV have no idea what a neat place they have and really don't care about anything but themselves
Amen! I'm too many gas tanks away to visit JV often, but I just got back from Sierra, and I expect that the Hammers are as big a deal to you, as the Rubicon is to me... we all have special places, and we need to work together to keep them safe.

Thanks for everyone's efforts locally to help understand the issues and ultimately protect the Hammers... you have much support and appreciation from afar. When you're ready, that'll make a pretty good war-chest...

Randii

#137 ·
i didn't see any trash on any of the trails when i went.
unfortunately, there was some graffiti in big white lettering on some rocks up high on a hill. really made the scenery look like garbage.

anyone know what the deal is with the wires on the ground when you get near the marine base? they are everywhere.