Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put a ford 9 inch and dana 44 out of a 73 bronco in my jeep cherokee i dont like the flex from the radius arms i used should i put a jonny joint or a heim joint on the end of the radius arms to get more flex i drive it daily so keep that in mind i would also love pics of the same swap thanks
can e-mail me pics at [email protected]

·
Registered
203 Posts
Here's a big can of worms.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
extend the radius arms and make sure the rest of your suspension isnt limiting travel. What kind of springs are you running?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Heres a long arm set I made for a buddy of mine on his XJ. Heims at frame end and stock bushings at axle end. Been DD riding/wheeling on it for a few months now and the heims show no signs of wear.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I run johnny joints
Can't lube heims
Can't rebuild 'em
no rubber smooth 'em out as far as ride goes
Heims don't like the salt we put on the roads here in Chicago

Also depends on what your rig is for-
Trail only? use heims it'll take a long time to wear 'em out.

Street / trail?
Jonny joints will last longer and ride better

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

i dont want to go wristed arms cause i have already extended my raduis arms and used rubber bushings and they dont tork around good so i was going to replace the rubber ones with a heim joint or jonny i flexs pretty good i would just like better it gets a 765 rti but my old cherokee 4 link got a 1012 so i would like it a little better so the jonnys or heims will do that for me

·
Premium Member
10,037 Posts
RE joints would be your best bet, but it really isn't going to help out flex at all...you still have a radius arm suspension. Either wrist it or stop complaining.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
JJ and wrist!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts