Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of surprised this hasn't been posted. But then again there is no mention of it yet on JPs website or Facebook page. I heard thru our local group page today that the wheeling community has lost JP Editor Pete Trasborg. Also known as Randy of Randy's Electrical corner in JP. Don't have much for details but word is he had a stroke. He was 37.

I had the pleasure of meeting Pete and wheeling with him on several occasions. He was incredibly knowledgeable about anything and everything Jeep and a nicer guy you could not hope to meet. Guy would give you the shirt off of his back without batting an eye. He helped me out a few times with some quick trail fixes and repairs as well as many of those I wheel with. He will be missed by those of us who were lucky enough to know him and the wheeling community at large has lost a truly great wheeler. Happy wheeling Pete, wherever you are now.

Mods, if this should be in chit chat please move.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Simmons and Cappa were letting folks know mid day yesterday. Savvy last night.

Just talked with Pete a couple weeks ago about doing a stroker feature.

Nice guy and will be missed.

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
It saddens me to hear of this. We just viewed the fruits of our collaboration in print and it was very nice to work with Pete. I hope his mom is okay. One of the times I chatted with him he was in the hospital visiting her. RIP sir, you will be missed.

·
Permanent Newb
2,892 Posts
At 37!! What a shame:(

·
Registered
548 Posts
I feel bad for his family and the fact he never got to see the ripe old age to see what happens next in life. My problems have just been minimized.I didn't know him but, I have gotten some great info from him on my recent build. RIP sir.

·
Registered
1 Posts
service for Pete Trasborg, May 20 Canoga Park

As many of you know, Pete Trasborg, editor & photographer for JP Magazine passed away suddenly Friday morning, May 15. We would like to invite you to join us THIS Wednesday May 20, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. to celebrate this great man's life & legacy. It will be held at the Elks Lodge in Canoga Park, CA. 20925 Osborne St, Canoga Park, CA 91304

He was not the kind of guy that would want you to mourn him. Instead, celebrate him by sharing a funny Pete story or how he helped the Jeep community he loved and dedicated his life to.

The closest airports are Burbank, or Los Angeles.

Directions from the North:

I-5 South to
405 fwy South to
118 West to
De soto, go South (left)
to Osborne street, turn right
Park on street, or the Elks Lodge parking lot.

Directions from the South:

405 North, to
101 fwy, go west
to De Soto, go north (right)
to Osborne Street, turn left
Park on street, or Elks Lodge parking lot.

If any of you have special photos of Pete that you would like to share at the service, please email them no later the 10 p.m. Tuesday night to [email protected] or [email protected], & we'll include as many as we can at the service.

We invite you to share a story or memory with Pete at the service.

Please SHARE & LIKE, so that we can get the word out as quickly as possible. and if you know you'll be attending, "join" the Facebook event "Pete Trasborg's Celebration of Life" so we have an idea of numbers for food & libation.

We hope to see you there.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Had the opportunity to wheel with him and his girlfriend. He did a small article on our trip and he put my Jeep on the cover of JP magazine! Got to know him from the old Jeepaholics site. Great guy! RIP Pete!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've known Pete for years, he's ate at my table and slept in my house, he's always been and will be remembered as a great guy. I'm glad as hell, I got to know him, and sad as hell he's not out enjoying what he's wanted to do for years. I knew him when he still lived in NJ, and kept in contact with him when he moved to SoCal, and got his gig at JP.

He drove to my house from NJ in a beat black chevy truck, leaking coolant, to buy a handful of axles and wheels. Surprised he made it here, and that he made it back.

Ran into him at TDS a few years ago riding shotgun in Steve's early bronco. He was perusing the scene is his newly / barely running Commando.

I was part of his ill-gotten winch trade for a CJ8, and then coast to coast road trip to recover it and tow it back to CA. I drove to Paducah to give the dude his winch for the floorless CJ8 with deer antler adorned dash knobs.

He covered one of our club runs, and I know Cappa told him, "don't get run over", and I was sitting shotgun in the Jeep that did just that. Damn JPete was an accident magnet.

He told me I got bit bad, when I drove to NH to pick up my first J10, and bit worse when I drove to AL to pick up the next one.

Everytime I see bubble wrap, I laugh to myself and think of JPete safety-wear.

I feel bad for his close friends and family, his departure is gonna leave a big hole for quite some time. The best thing I can say for those folks, is to take solace in the fact that the guy that is gone, brought smiles to those he met, thank you.

He was a guy that I envied, doing what he wanted, and having a good time at it. Brother, I'll miss ya, we all will. Should have went a different way, all used up and empty, too much life still left in you to go so early.

I'm gonna pour myself a cold beer, give it a jigger of bourbon, and raise the glass to my friend, and thank him for providing me with some good times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Damn:(:(

Pete was a great guy. Got to know him thru Jeepaholics, wheeled together at Paragon a few times, polishing off bottles of JD at Redridge fixing ours and others junk, road trips to visit each other's homes to wrench, visit, and pick up parts. Great times:smokin: wouldn't trade them for anything.

Holdin' up a bourbon and toasting to you, my friend. Happy trails Pete. The world is a little bit lesser now without you in it.

-Trav, Marianne, and Dana

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I just saw this on Facebook. RIP man. I didn't know him, never met him in person, yet somehow after all the years of reading his work I feel like I kind of did. The 4 wheel community lost a good man.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts