Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wheeling Hoosiers Off-Road Expedition Society went to the Badlands July 4. Surprisingly, there was nobody there! A coupla quads, a coupla motorcycles and one full-size Blazer.

DiscoChef and her friend Sam (a very attractive young lady, I might add :grinpimp: ), AFIRover, Shopgrrl and I had a Blast. Quite a bit of carnage, but fun.

Discochef apparently hit a tree early in the day wiping out a headlight, turn signal and the headlight mounting panel (I have a spare for her :flipoff2:).

AFIRover was out for the first time with larger tires and wiped out chunks of his rear fenders.

PT suffered no physical damage, but much embarrassment on two occasions. First time, I entered a mudhole and began taking on water (er, mud). I ended up having to park the truck on an incline to drain all the mud from the passenger footwells. Shopgrrl was not (and still is not) pleased with this development. Anybody got any good ideas for home Rhino-lining? :D

At about 1530 hours, we stopped for yet another wonderufl lunch provided by Discochef. Shortly thereafter, we decided to go to the quarry proper and play 'til closing time-guess who's truck wouldn't start :cool2: The cobbler's kids jokes were plentiful :flipoff2: . As Discochef, Sam and Shopgrrl stayed with the dead truck to call the proprietors of the park, AFI and I scouted the best path to tow me out... If you've been there, you know this would be no simple task. As AFI and I were returning to the dead truck, he suffered a major blow to the sidewall of his new Dunlop Mud Rovers-out comes the Safety-Seal kit and with some leakage, we returned to the dead truck to find Troy on his way. I climbed beneath the truck again and poured a bottle of water on the starter motor and with five (yes, five) batteries attached, we were able to crank the truck!!! Just as Troy found us. Of course, when the truck wouldn't crank, we heard the first thunderbolt in the distance... As Shopgrrl was telling Troy we got the truck going, the heavens opened (tell me God wasn't talking to me about my truck-heavenly jokes about cobbler's kids :flipoff2: ). I threw the door open for her, rna back to talk to Troy and we finally made it out!

Pics to come if Shopboy ever brings me the disc. Some of them should be pretty good.

Another fun trip!

Peace,
PT

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Its easier to lift the truck with 42s than it is to waterproof it :)...

PT - show pics man, specially of the passenger!

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DiscoDino said:
Its easier to lift the truck with 42s than it is to waterproof it :)...

PT - show pics man, specially of the passenger!
Shopgrrl tells you to shut up and that I don't need that sort of advice.

Discochef is taking pictures of her passenger as we speak. She just sent me the pics of her D60 she wants me to hang beneath her Disco. The axle is out of a one ton Barth bookmobile!

PT

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I just bedlined my lower doors and rockers on my d2.
I got the stuff from Eastwood. It's called Gator Guard II, 'bout $45 bucks for a half gallon (quart of stuff and quart of hardener). It's a 2 part epoxy and seems pretty tough. Also bought the underliner gun from Eastwood for $13.50.
I'm sure this stuff would work great on you're interior.

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AFIROver coming out of the obstacle that got both Discochef and PT.

(I can't be held responsible for the picture, Shopgrrl took the pics :flipoff2: )

Attachments

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
PTSchram said:
I ended up having to park the truck on an incline to drain all the mud from the passenger footwells. Shopgrrl was not (and still is not) pleased with this development. Anybody got any good ideas for home Rhino-lining? :D
DuraLiner I believe is the name of the stuff. Sold at Napa, AUtozone, etc. Comes in qts and gallons.
I used a 6" wide thick nap roller and 2qts. Coated the entire interior of my 88. Did two coats.

Pete

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
That doesn't even look all that deep.
Try closing your damn doors next time you wallow in mud like a water buffalo ;)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discosaurus said:
That doesn't even look all that deep.
Try closing your damn doors next time you wallow in mud like a water buffalo ;)
haha Did the mud/water screw up any of the electrics under the seat?

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bluewater said:
haha Did the mud/water screw up any of the electrics under the seat?
Fortunately, the only things under that seat are/is the stereo amp-something I wouldn't mind replacing :flipoff2:

So far, I don't think any of the relays were affected.

Don't know when I'll get to it. Just got a phone call that a Lightweight and an 88 are being delivered Sunday for resto work...

What was that about cobbler's kids?

Anybody wanna come to summer camp in Indiana? It won't be nearly as exciting as Pendy's summer camp, but you MIGHT learn something.

Peace,
PT

·
Registered
537 Posts
PTSchram said:
Fortunately, the only things under that seat are/is the stereo amp-something I wouldn't mind replacing :flipoff2:
Oh the joys of manual seats. Give me some manual seats and some manual windows and i'd be very happy. Know where i can get any besides my friends TJ? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bluewater said:
Oh the joys of manual seats. Give me some manual seats and some manual windows and i'd be very happy. Know where i can get any besides my friends TJ? :flipoff2:
I have one good one, but I believe it is gonna end up in the back of the Disco :flipoff2:

The water really didn't get that high inside, but it sloshed around as I recovered the vehicle from the hole (under its own power). The stereo amp was piggy-backed on top of the original one as I'd just figured out the problem with the stereo was the amp-good thing I had a few others laying around to swap in :flipoff2:

PT

·
Registered
498 Posts
PTSchram said:
Anybody wanna come to summer camp in Indiana? It won't be nearly as exciting as Pendy's summer camp, but you MIGHT learn something.

Peace,
PT
I'm willing to learn! September 10th, is the summer camp still open?

Tobias

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
tobbjo said:
I'm willing to learn! September 10th, is the summer camp still open?

Tobias
If you bring Wilsys sis you can come to my camp Sept 10th!

Camp Pendy its what seperates the men from their wives. Talent shows screened at a dollar a show. Down the street at the professional talent bar not camp.

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pendy said:
Camp Pendy its what seperates the men from their wives.
Yeah, yeah yeah.

Carnage update: Looks like the limit of endurance for a Rover Diff is 207K miles. It was making a new noise on the way home and now there is a rapidly expanding puddle of 90 wt beneath it. Also, a mysterious overheating problem began on the way home. The rad is on its way out and over to the rad shop for flow testing and chemical cleaning. Don't know why it could be clogged, I've only put 100K on the rad since new...

Damned cobbler's kids

1 - 20 of 20 Posts