Pirate 4x4 banner

Jump Seats in a CJ6

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  351WALCJ7 
#1 ·
For casual wheeling around town I needed some addtional seats in Project "Dung Beetle". I have moved the bench seat all the way to the rear of the tub to create more floor place. I then found some Ford Ranger xcab rear jump seats that fold up into the wall panel of the truck at a junk yard for $50. Thats $50 for both seats with mounting brackets and integral retractable seat belts. The installation was easy with a little fabrication work on the brackets and plates under the tub.

I now have a 6-seater jeep for taking the three boys and wife out around town and such. Here's a few pics.

OPEN

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
looks cool, my friend did the same thing, it works really well for him.nice work!

#6 ·
I think I'd kill whoever rode there in mine.. my cj6 has a tendency to make my head wag like a spring necked chihuahua.

#7 ·
I grabbed some roll bar padding from the shop and put it on the cage that is there now. I am in the process of building a new cage and will take the seat position with heads into consideration in the design.

#8 ·
Cool Idea, Won't work in my 6. with removing the roll bar but a cool idea. It look like it put syour rear seat back along ways though.

#9 ·
I pushed the rear seat all the way back about 4" from the tail gate. I will eventually lift the rear seat about 6" to create a storage compartement for the tools and such. The jump seats are mounted to the floor only not the roll bar. They could be installed anywhere. If you wanted maximum storage you could replace the rear seat with two of these. Then fold them up out of the way when you wanted to load tons of gear. They are very strong and sturdy. My wife had no problem sitting in them the other day. Not that she is much bigger than the kids but she was still comfortable.

#10 ·
Jeepfamily.. here's some rollbar pics
and quite a few different cj6's too

http://home.off-road.com/~sperkio/cj6/

he's got the rollbar in his jeep up for sale 400.00 but it's in cali.. a bit far for ya :D

#11 ·
Sweet pics. Thanks alot. Check the thread for the YJ lift conversion for the latest from this weekend.

Man Love that SnowTow pic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.