Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
We're taking signups for our first 2009 work weekend for FOTR. :grinpimp:
We'll be hauling rocks, using trailers, needing buckets, fixing and maintaining our trail, and in general making the world a better place.

Rock-hauling utility trailers and plastic buckets are high on our list of needs, as are strong backs and willing volunteers. Yup, we'll feed ya too. :)

Bebe (Jacquelyne Theisen) is our Incident Commander for the weekend and is putting the plans together now, working with local, state and federal folks to make sure we're in compliance with DOT and other expectations. It should be a blast.

Looks like we'll be camping at Ellis Creek on the trail, so bring a tent and a WAG bag.

Sign up here (but if the form doesn't work, just send me an email and tell me you're coming and if you have a trailer you can bring).
http://www.delalbright.com/Rubicon/workday_june09_signup.html

Thanks,
Del

Where: Ellis Creek Camp Ground
When: Saturday June 27th
Time: 8:30 AM

There is plenty of dispersed Camping in the area

2WD Access is via FS rd 14N05 (McKinstry)

There is a large open area (log landing) at the end of this Road (it is a dead end very close to Ellis Creek)

Trucks w/ campers and adventurous MoHo owners are welcome to park here.

Walk due south to the Rubicon trail (100 ft) head west (turn right) and walk another 100 ft to Ellis Creek)

Cross the creek and we will be on your right and left side of the trail.

***RICS***
FOTR Work Day June 27-28​

Planned Projects:

Layer Rock into Soup Tourine: (West of Soup Bowl) 20 people - 6 trailers - w/ wheel barrow support.This will be ongoing during this summer and probably next.Cut drainage (e-aho la ula...wider is better) on south side of trail.

Cut Water bar at top of Walker Hill - 20 people - 4 trailers
60 degree cut and installation from north to south

Test GOOR De-greaser and De-grader on Slabs: - Kiosk/Bowl - 10 people
This team will experiment with a commercial food grade de-greaser to remove existing oil stains off rocks. http://www.blendingplant.com/ ...GOOR Kit Review http://www.blendingplant.com/Goor+Kit+Review.html and http://www.blendingplant.com/News+And+Updates.html

White Flower Brigade:
Self explanatory, picking up TP :barf:

Supplies:

Rock - can be gathered as native material from borrow pits identified by project leader. Wheel barrows can be utilized to gather material off trail and either transport to trailers on the trail or transport to delivery site.
Logs - for blocking bypasses and reinforcing existing bypass blockages. "Freshen it up". Also for restoration of existing water bars.

Tools needed:
Trailers - 10 - 5 per group
Wheel Barrows - 8 - 4 per group
Shovels - 1 per person
Gloves/Safety Glasses - 1 pair per person
Picks - 4 - 2 per group
Digging Bars - 4 - 2 per group
Garden Sprayers - 5
Long Handled Scrub Brushes - 5
Absorbent Cloths - as needed

Chow: Rubicon Rockheads
Dinner
Sunday Brunch

Please sign up today!!! Click Here!!!

As you can see we need no less that 50 folks to pull this off. The more the better!

Our work weekends may need to get a bit more aggressive to meet the demands of the Water Board, so we need everybody ON BOARD this summer!!!

And remember, we do need accurate sign up counts to make sure we have enough chow for all. So if you are bringing friends or Family, make sure we get them on the sign up form.

Bebe

·
Premium Member
5,990 Posts
Signed up and ready to work!

·
Registered
458 Posts
If my jeep is fix i will be there and i will go out and buy some tools for the trip. i will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Signed up both my husband and myself. Hopefully it worked.
I'd like to work with Bebe again. She makes awesome drinks, I mean food.

·
Apple
11,704 Posts
Signed up both my husband and myself. Hopefully it worked.
I'd like to work with Bebe again. She makes awesome drinks, I mean food.

IN! woohoo!

I'll be bringing a wheelbarrow (maybe 2)and some shovels. I'm in a crewcab if anyone needs a ride to the trailhead.

·
Registered
680 Posts
i assume having pickups is good too?

·
Premium Member
9,561 Posts
i assume having pickups is good too?
Yes... we've had GREAT experience with pickups, but please be prepared for it to get BEAT, or better yet, please use some thick plywood to build an ablatively-armored floor for rocks... better yet, something that comes up the sides and even covers the rails a bit. Overload springs might be handy, as well!

Anything we can use to move rocks will be GREAT. We may do bucket-brigades with five-gallon buckets... we're open to suggestions! Gravity-fed conveyors, hot air ballons, whatchagot? :homer:

Randii

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
We are working on some new techniques for getting things done. some may come out here but some may be learned on site.

The county has been charged with doing this formally by the Water Board and we need to work closely with them to develop the best practices.

One of my goals is to not wear out our volunteers too quickly. Loading trailers one rock at a time is not the best practice.

Scott

·
Registered
933 Posts
My rig isnt done yet but I do have means to get to the trail and I'm sure I could wrangle a friend into coming and bring a wheelbarrow if we could get a ride in to where we need to work. Im new to Cali and have been wanting to be near this trail since I've been wheeling and would like to do my part since I plan on using it in the future:)

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I'll be there with the Jeep and rock trailer:D

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
We need 5 gallon buckets!!! Bring then if you have them. I have about 5 or 6 dedicated to Rubicon. We can store them at the Kiosk so donated buckets are cool.

We have some new techniques for moving material and these buckets are the key.

Scott

·
flamethrower
12,606 Posts
FOTR Work Plan for June 27, 2009

Where: Ellis Creek Camp Ground
When: Saturday June 27th
Time: 8:30 AM

There is plenty of dispersed Camping in the area

2WD Access is via FS rd 14N05 (McKinstry)

There is a large open area (log landing) at the end of this Road (it is a dead end very close to Ellis Creek)

Trucks w/ campers and adventurous MoHo owners are welcome to park here.

Walk due south to the Rubicon trail (100 ft) head west (turn right) and walk another 100 ft to Ellis Creek)

Cross the creek and we will be on your right and left side of the trail.

***RICS***
FOTR Work Day June 27-28​

Planned Projects:

Layer Rock into Soup Tourine: (West of Soup Bowl) 20 people - 6 trailers - w/ wheel barrow support.This will be ongoing during this summer and probably next.Cut drainage (e-aho la ula...wider is better) on south side of trail.

Cut Water bar at top of Walker Hill - 20 people - 4 trailers
60 degree cut and installation from north to south

Test GOOR De-greaser and De-grader on Slabs: - Kiosk/Bowl - 10 people
This team will experiment with a commercial food grade de-greaser to remove existing oil stains off rocks. http://www.blendingplant.com/ ...GOOR Kit Review http://www.blendingplant.com/Goor+Kit+Review.html and http://www.blendingplant.com/News+And+Updates.html

White Flower Brigade:
Self explanatory, picking up TP :barf:

Supplies:

Rock - can be gathered as native material from borrow pits identified by project leader. Wheel barrows can be utilized to gather material off trail and either transport to trailers on the trail or transport to delivery site.
Logs - for blocking bypasses and reinforcing existing bypass blockages. "Freshen it up". Also for restoration of existing water bars.

Tools needed:
Trailers - 10 - 5 per group
Wheel Barrows - 8 - 4 per group
Shovels - 1 per person
Gloves/Safety Glasses - 1 pair per person
Picks - 4 - 2 per group
Digging Bars - 4 - 2 per group
Garden Sprayers - 5
Long Handled Scrub Brushes - 5
Absorbent Cloths - as needed

Chow: Rubicon Rockheads
Dinner
Sunday Brunch

Please sign up today!!! Click Here!!!

As you can see we need no less that 50 folks to pull this off. The more the better!

Our work weekends may need to get a bit more aggressive to meet the demands of the Water Board, so we need everybody ON BOARD this summer!!!

And remember, we do need accurate sign up counts to make sure we have enough chow for all. So if you are bringing friends or Family, make sure we get them on the sign up form.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bebe, I'm going to post this up on our site as well. I made this a mandatory run for NC4W. So you can count us in.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Bebe, I'm going to post this up on our site as well. I made this a mandatory run for NC4W. So you can count us in.
Mandatory run? Pay where you play? Club ethics? I AM NOT demeaning any other club, but I gotta say, i like the sound of this.

Nice work!

·
flamethrower
12,606 Posts

You guys are so awesome, thank you!

I plan on making the rounds to all the clubs and websites.

I can't thank you enough! :D

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Signed up last week And I'll have the trailer. Bebe do you have an inverter in your rig? If so I 'll bring the blender:D

1 - 20 of 269 Posts