Pirate 4x4 banner

201 - 220 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
This was a very special treat for the kids and for Joe. They were so excited when they got back telling us all about soup bowl and Joe talked about driving on 2 wheels. Thanks to the 3 guys who took the time to show there appreciation to them.:beer::beer:

[URL="
[/URL]
[URL="
[/URL]

·
5,906 Posts
Just a quick note from me that our volunteers rock the house!!! My water bar was done in 3...2....1 done!! TDO rocked the corduroy and the food was the best ever!! 3 full meals done up by the Rubicon Rockheads.

Now let's talk about some fun goofy fund raising. i know those pics are out there.........

the guys from MFS stepped up and along with an anonymous donor, raised RTF 2300.00

These guys have a new shop in Lincoln and if you need anything done be sure to look them up, they do awesome work. http://mfs-ca.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
I wanted to say thanks to every one that gave me and my son rides and a place to camp for the night.

A Thanks goes out to Norcal4wheekers Ozzy , ZuZu and three others guys who let me camp next to them when I arrived late Friday night .

Also I wanted to thank rubicrawler from dysfunction rock crawlers, Erikb and the two jeepers (who I didn’t get three names) for giving me and my son rides too and from the work site.

Plus stainlessteeldave and others that let me and my son hang out for dinner in there camp site.

And the rock heads for the breakfast and dinner "loved the tri tip"!! .:beer::beer:

Oh and bebe for the two wheel drive directions did not make one wrong turn thanks bebe

There were so many people that I met. Had a great time. And I’m Looking forward to other FOTR events . :)

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Wow
What a great weekend even with breaking the axle on my trailer hauling rock:D The water bar/rock loading crew at the top of walker kicked some azz :beer:
I left the work site to take a load of rock in my trailer up the hill to show the kid I had with me the line to pull the trailer thru on the next run. Trailer axle broke and we had to trailer the trailer back to the work site. When Scott and I returned the Water bars and ditches were done and all that need to be done was rock loading.:eek: All who were on the B-team you all kicked butt :eek:

The food breakfast and Dinner were GREAT.. Best chicken I've had in a while.
Came back home with lots of the food I brought.

Thanks for cooking

·
Phobohomic
1,247 Posts
Now let's talk about some fun goofy fund raising. i know those pics are out there.........

the guys from MFS stepped up and along with an anonymous donor, raised RTF 2300.00

Can't wait for the pics of that. Had me emptying my pockets, wallet and change from the ash tray.
Great job MFS :beer:

:beer: :beer: and thanks to all the great volunteers, team leaders and Trail Boss Bebe!

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Can't wait for the pics of that. Had me emptying my pockets, wallet and change from the ash tray.
Great job MFS :beer:

:beer: :beer: and thanks to all the great volunteers, team leaders and Trail Boss Bebe!

Yup spent just shy of $100 for the hair cuts. I still think we should have saved the hair in a bag to give to Randi as a present. after all was said and done it looked like a gray rabbit died and left it's fur behind on the ground after Scott got his clip.

Thanks to Rocksammy & wife for bringing the clipers:D

Edit: Bebe did a great Job "BUT" She should have steped up and took the $1000 donation that was offered to RTF if she got her mohawk:flipoff2:

I know we could have found you one of the hair hats to sport for work Monday!

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Can't wait for the pics of that.
Tracy documented the clippings. Pics will be up tonight for sure :smokin:

I want to thank all the Men (ranging in age from about 7 to a few of us Grey hair types) that worked soooo hard on the Erosion abatement projects at the bottom of Walker. They blocked bypasses, repair existing corduroy, built about 20 feet of new corduroy and created a diversion to channel water off the trail. It was a very successful project and I'll have pics of the progress made posted up tonight.

Thanks again guys. Group D ROCKED THE CON!!! :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Even though we blow up our rear ring and pinion on the north side of the granite bowl going in on Saturday morning, we had a great time this weekend. I was not able to help in the clean up or any of the maintenance projects:( due to the repairs I need to do, but I left my repair area cleaner then I found it. If you were coming up the granite bowl any time during Saturday I was the blue Toy swapping my rear third to the front and the front third to the rear. What do you expect for ten year old ring and pinion set. I would like to give a big thanks to all that helped:beer:. Big thanks to Deborah for the hospitality she showed my wife at camp while I was repaired my rig. Big kudos it the Rubicon Rockhead for the great food and saving some for my three helper and I. Ten hours of wrenching works up an appetite.
A personal thank you to Steven and his wife for their efforts in bring up an extra third member. Although I didn’t need to use it, the gesture and effort didn’t go unnoticed and was great appreciated. To all those that offered supplies and fluids thank you. To who ever left the gear oil on my truck, I owe you a beer or two:beer::beer:. Once again thanks to all. This is why my wife and I love this ‘sport’, the people:smokin:. They give of themselves, giving up weekend, working hard to maintain the trails they love and are willing to help a fellow wheeler in need of help and get their hands dirty at the drop of a hat. By far this was one of the best weekends my wife and I had in a long time. We will be back for the next one with bells on and hopefully I will be working on the trail this time. Once again a BIG THANKS to all.

Matthew and Amy

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
That's pretty manic right there :homer:
Yup, I'll have a hard time remembering the old Scott, before the psychotic event :flipoff2:

201 - 220 of 269 Posts