Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your opion, what is the best combo of junkyard leaf springs? I', looking a throwing either Chevy or Waggy springs in the rear of my Nissan PU and was curious what you Toyota guys are running when you go to the longer springs. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
projckt_Wldkat said:
In your opion, what is the best combo of junkyard leaf springs? I', looking a throwing either Chevy or Waggy springs in the rear of my Nissan PU and was curious what you Toyota guys are running when you go to the longer springs. Thanks in advance. :)
rears up front and chevies out back. setup properly you CANT buy better leaf spring performance on the trail. only exception is the chevy hangers getting hung up on rocks, which can be remedied with a long tapered hanger or better yet, a frenched in hanger.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Yes no better simple cheap setup. Running the same. BUT, if I were to do it again and didnt want a 4-link. I would probably get some springs that were a little shorter than Chevies. Hang too far back. maybe the 57" Fords, or something else in the 50 some inch length. Shit probably should have left my 52" stockers in there. But it wouldnt have given me any lift.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
JamisonWorkshop said:
. Shit probably should have left my 52" stockers in there. But it wouldnt have given me any lift.
I think you just earned a $10,000 fine and 25 Nascar points. :flipoff2: I will collect the fine from you this weekend.

On the subject, You can't go wrong with rears up frontand chevies out back like the other two said.

·
Banned
9,402 Posts
But if your going to bob the bed and don't want the leaf springs hanging beyond the rear bumper, then you might try 2wd rear mazda springs (I think 84-89 year or so). Thats what I run with a buggy leaf on my 4runner which is bobbed 9" and nothing hangs beyond the bumper.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Chevy S-10 springs are 2" longer in the rear half than mazda's. they are 56" long & flex like crazy. I went with them because I thought the chevy 1/2 tons were too long and didnt like the shackle angle from the mazda's. They have been great. I did brake a main leaf on Wrecking Ball last time out, but I backed my shackle into a rock and didnt know it. If you consider them get them from a 4wd s-10 or 4wd s-10 blazer.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input. Everything you guys brought up I've read of before. I'm thinking it'll be better to go with the Frod 57" or S-10 springs seeing that I'm gonna bob the bed around 8". What can I get the Ford's off of? How long are the Mazda leaf spring?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
83toyoBC said:
how much lift to the s10 springs gived. what do you mix them with? stock main?
I have no idea :confused: I ran 35's with them on my 82. It was not tall, but I was trying to keep my rig as low as possible. I was more interested in flex than lift. I did not mix them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts