Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies for positing this in the wrong venue, but as discussed in: http://www.pirate4x4.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/004809.html ...and several other places, the BLM is in the midst of a multiple-month community-based planning project on the South Fork of the American River, including the areas off Jurgens Road.

I've attended most of the meetings, but we really do need more than one guy there in support of motorized recreation, especially as we near the site-by-site planning phase. If anyone wants to weigh in on this issue, they should attend NOW -- or rather, Monday February 12, 2001. Part of this process is establishing 'standing.' If someone pops in for the site-specific planning stage, their opinion counts for less unless they have attended previous meetings and established 'standing.'

If you are serious about attending, the meeting is at the school just uphill of Coloma... please contact me ASAP: [email protected] (hit my work email, too: [email protected]) -- I can offer a ride up the hill from Sacramento or discuss some of the issues so we can present a united front.

Don't come if you want to pitch a fit and start a fight... we need to stay sane and reasonable -- until the site-specific planning, when we can pull out all the stops.

Randii

------------------
Mongrel-ized Amigo
Managing Editor, http://www.4x4wire.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
Randy,
Do you know when the outing to Jurgens is supposed to take place?

Dan and Rob took our Toy down the path towards the waterfall two days ago and said that there was A LOT of garbage... including a mattress! They picked up a bunch of stuff and hauled it out... but we think it would be great if we could do a clean up run with a few more trucks and helping hands before the BLM people go down there.
--Audra

------------------
<FONT COLOR="#C6EFF7">’79 Toy, Marlin’s Ultimate Dual Crawler 223:1, Detroit Lockers 5.29s, Custom Exterior Roll Cage
Work in progress… It's Bogger Time!

<FONT size="4">Mountain High Toys</FONT s></FONT c>

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randy, do you know when the outing to Jurgens is supposed to take place?
That's not scheduled yet....

Dan and Rob took our Toy down the path towards the waterfall two days ago and said that there was A LOT of garbage...
First off, that SUCKS. Secondly -- please don't use the w-word. We're not 'wheeling watercourses, right?

They picked up a bunch of stuff and hauled it out... but we think it would be great if we could do a clean up run with a few more trucks and helping hands before the BLM people go down there.
Great thought -- I'll try to get some specifics from Jim so that we can get a cleanup rolling. We need a multi-club effort, including CA4WDC and the Pirates... that'll look good.

Lemme do some checking....

Randii

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry...
Have to learn not to use the w-word! Since I'm not too familiar with the trails... that was how they described it. They were only on the trails; not in the water...

There's a meeting next Monday, right? I won't know Dan's schedule until Friday... but I'll make it.

Anyone for carpooling?

Audra

------------------
<FONT COLOR="#C6EFF7">’79 Toy, Marlin’s Ultimate Dual Crawler 223:1, Detroit Lockers 5.29s, Custom Exterior Roll Cage
Work in progress… It's Bogger Time!

<FONT size="4">Mountain High Toys</FONT s></FONT c>

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
i will be there again i have another meeting at 8 that night to but can be late to it i will just have to open up the throttle alittle to get there

------------------
im so broke i cant pay attention

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
I just recieved this letter:

Lance
You might want to put a note on your web site that the trail at Pine hill (off of Jurgens) in El Dorado county is closed for the winter. A substantial gate has been placed across the road that comes off of Jurgens road.

Any vehicles behind the gate will be subject to citation from the BLM, DFG, or El Dorado Sheriff's Dept. The violations will be CVC violations for Off road vehicular use causing environmental damage and operation of vehicles on a closed road. both violations are considered One point movers.

Greg Johnson
DFG Warden
916-445-0045

------------------
Lance Clifford
1970 FJ Foe-dee
Silly Toyota.... Birfields are for kids!

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: Vince and I closed off a bypass around the temporarily-closed gate down on Jergen's Road.

Continued blazing of bypasses just hurts our case to retain access to this area.

Randii

------------------
Mongrel-ized Amigo
Managing Editor, http://www.4x4wire.com

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts