Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was going to do the split window on my jeep because its cheaper and easier to replace. However I found that I would need to do some modding to my window frame to make it work and I said to heck with that. I already finished fixing it for the one piece to go back in. The one piece cost 525$ to get from Walcks.

Anyway nice rig Drat, is it going to be ready for the 2012 Willys meet?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Whatre you going to do about the rear wells? Have you gotten the fenders you suggested elsewhere?
I plan on trying some rollbending to make the fenders but my friends rollbender is mounted outside and it has been 105 to 118 deg.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
It's cooling off. Back to work. :D

When can I pick up my tires and wheels? Maybe I'll build something to put them on. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks RottenRobert, You would ask, lets see, there's the olive green with white and black, a nice two tone or the old woody look and when I say old Im talking black patina on the front and the wood looking like I took it from the black pearl.

Ps. I see that you have been a member for two years and this is your first post, Thank You.
Oh yeah, I think wood and black patina would be bitchin with the evil look of the Jeep :evil:

And yeah im not on here much and if I am I'm lurking. Spend most of my time on jeepforum. Even over there I don't post often.

Keep it up man looks good.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I found some time to get outside and work on the Willys, I bent up some angle iron to form a suport for the back of the grill.

Tacked it up and welded the lower half to the top half.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
This is a new wheel that a good friend of mine designed, this is a 15" and soon he will have my 17"x11" wheels ready.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Well I bought myself a new exercise machine and started working out today.

It will give you a good workout, 15 mins nonstop per ring.

Nice thing is that I only need one ring for each end, will try and bend up the 90s soon.

If any one has any ideas or pictures of how wide I should make these, please chime in and here in Az. I dont need any fenders at all.

:beer:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Started working on the rocker gaurds, cut them down to legnth and then sliced the backside to allow it to curve to the body.

Now to find the drive to crawl under the wagon and weld up the slices.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Bent up some more tubes and started cutting and fitting.

I realy like the way they look, I think that I have the radius that I want.

Now I need to decide how wide to make them.

So what do you think.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I like the width and think it should cover at least half the width of the tyre. Starting to get that look of my other favourite vehicle. :)

101 - 120 of 138 Posts