Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pic's of my 14 bolt that we shaved.
Before:

After:

Looks like a big chunk will be coming of the ring gear. But its only behind a 4L and will see limited trail/comp use.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
HOLY HELL!!! :eek:

When you get done turning the ring gear down, post pics. I always wondered what a hula-hoop thickness ring gear would look like. :rasta: :flipoff2:

Got FF D44? You do - or the clearance of one, anyways. :)

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
I overlayed your shaved pic with the original, and drew this plate over the shaved, then removed shaved pic and left line over stock..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
It's FOR SURE going to be very close to the carrier...

I`d hope you measured before you hacked ALL that off??? :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This pic is close to where it will be

compare to this

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Wow I don't think we need it 3 times, I layed it over, and drew the line exactly where he cut it...

None of our lines are perfect since the case is not a box it slants back... so none are right... I think he's going to miss the carrier but its gonna be damn close...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oopps i guess the pics did get out of hand. The pic that 94 put up was way to high. I think i will use 3/4 for the plate and mill the center part down to 1/2 for for the ring gear/carrier.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Blitzed - Ya I figured my marking was way high but I overlayed the 'shaved' with your non shaved pic... It's the angle :D

I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done :D :bounce2:

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Blitzed said:
Oopps i guess the pics did get out of hand. The pic that 94 put up was way to high. I think i will use 3/4 for the plate and mill the center part down to 1/2 for for the ring gear/carrier.
Kinda what I figurd you would do there... the additional .25" should easily clear the carrier, and leave you with at least some of the ring gear ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
when you get this done could you send me a few pics and let me know how it holds up because I have been trying to figure out how much I can shave a 70 ring gear and its about the same thing

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will keep thing posted as we get it built. I wanted to try for the most extream cut yet, since I like to be different. I thought hey why not 14bolts are cheap and if it holds up then cool, if not well looks like I'm out $100 and some time. It will be going under a YJ with a 4L/aw4/300 and 42" TSL's, for this year. We are doing another one the same way that will be going under a 7 with a FI 350 42" TSL's and a heavy foot. I think that one will be the real test.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts