Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 85 long bed, It allready has rough country lift, and 33X12.50s on it. I have done some reading on here and the only time anyone has mentioned the springs they are just saying how bad they suck. They ride worse than my soft ride did a few years back, but the main thing I am asking is do I need to put these off on someone else or should I ride them since I have them. I work at a salvage yard, and am going to research the chevy spring swap.Or should I shy away from that too? Thanks, and before you ask I have searched the forum for "rough country, country, springs etc..." and have looked through the FAQ (which has some cool $hit in it btw).
Thanks
Justin

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you want it to ride better...change em. If you don't care then don't waist your time.
How much, and what kind of wheelin are you going to do. You have to take these kinds of things into consideration before you decide what setup is right for you and your rig. If you work at a salvage yard, i'd definetly change to something that rides and flexes better, but thats just me.
Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How would the chevy rears, and all pro front do? Which fronts would I need to do to match. Isnt marlin coming out with some?
JD

·
BAM!BAM!BAM!BAM!BAM!
2,083 Posts
Just search springs and you will find enough to read all night.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I dunno about the all-pro fronts, the chevy rears are a nice easy swap - basically add a mount in the front and a shackle to the rear. May need alternate u-bolts too.. 2-3 degree axle shim. Easy and cheap. Ride great.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Like he said, do a search. There are as many combos out there as there are opinions, and we all know opinions are like ass holes...everybodies got one.
Lots of guys with chevy's, I run ford f150's, if your going to buy something bolt on call Marlin, you can't find anybody better to do business with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts