Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about Scout's, so I am hoping someone can help me out. I bought a 67 Scout for $80. I will pick it up tommorrow. It has an 8 cylinder, 4 speed, and twin stick t-case. Does anyone know what motor, tranny and t-case these should be? Also it has a closed knuckle front end, what would this be? I stopped and looked at it hoping it had Dana 44's, but I saw the closed knuckles and knew this wasn't to be. So I bought it for the 4 speed and I'll use the t-case if it is worthy. Will this tranny bolt up to an AMC 304 in my Jeep? Thanks for the help. -Casey

·
Registered
363 Posts
Most likely it has a IH 266 V-8, T-18, Dana 20, Dana 44 rear (with tapered axles) and Dana 28 front. These parts are what it came with stock, but that doesn't mean they are still on the truck.

Tranny will not work on AMC with its long ass IH input shaft.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Philabuster said:

Tranny will not work on AMC with its long ass IH input shaft.
uglyscout said:

And the drivetrain for sure won't hook up to AMC crap! (Assuming it's stock IH)

Yes it will! You just need a Scout II 258 bellhousing! :rolleyes:

Fawking DANS:rolleyes:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Old Scout said:

Yes it will! You just need a Scout II 258 bellhousing! :rolleyes:

Fawking DANS:rolleyes:
:emb4: Thanks for the correction. I didn't know the inline 6 and the V-8 shared the same bellhousing pattern.

You are the answer Mann. ;)

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I have said IH Tranny to AMC motor bell housing. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
jdjanda said:
I have said IH Tranny to AMC motor bell housing. Drop me a PM if you are interested.
I got one too! :flipoff2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts