Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Capitol Yamaha with my new death machine...This bike is F*%&ing sweet. The only bad part about it was that it was $7500 out the door:eek:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet...just got it unloaded and shiat...I will have then buy this weekend though...

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
MJF said:
If ti's the same as my 426, do you know how to start it yet? I didn't know there was a trick to it when I first bought mine.
hope it isn't like the old TT500,either line the ball up in the sight glass or take a trip over(or through) the bars:D .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah starting isnt bad at all on the 450... It has a lever im not sure what it is called yet i want to say decompression lever but i think that is only on the 426's but the lever lets air into the fuel mixture and it starts pretty easy..

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Did they put the hot start lever on the bars for the 450's? Mine has a compression release lever on the bars & then the hot start is a knob down by the choke.

My buddies honda kicks really easy & has the hot start lever. I tried to start mine the same way as his, with easy, slow kicks. I was pulling on the compression lever & varying how far I pulled it in & there was no way the bike would start. Finally someone told me to pull in the compression lever & start to kick it until it reaches the top of the stroke. After that, let the lever out & kick it over. Usually starts the first time doing that.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Congrats on the new bike :D

Starting is no longer an issue on the Blue beasts. the hot start lever is on the bar & it has an auto decompression cam.

When its cold, 3 quick blips of the throttle, pull choke, it will fire up on the 1st or 2nd kick.

After it warms up, just pull the hot start & kick. DO NOT hit the throttle while kicking. only tiwst throttle before you start it if it hasnt been ridden for a day or two.

check out
www.thumpertalk.com

They have killer tech! Great site, its no PBB but still good.

·
Registered
730 Posts
kinda funny but back when they came out their was all the news about how to start the bike, i was in collage at the time so i wrote a paper on it for a class i had made for interesting talk in front of the class:)

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I just bought a 426. I love the thing. This sure wasn't my fathers' four stroke! The hot start thing is a pain in the ass, and I haven't figured it all out yet, but it's a keeper for sure.

Is it true, the 450 is a 4 speed?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Bigburlynakedguy said:
I just bought a 426. I love the thing. This sure wasn't my fathers' four stroke! The hot start thing is a pain in the ass, and I haven't figured it all out yet, but it's a keeper for sure.

Is it true, the 450 is a 4 speed?
yesm!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well, how fast does it rip? I know the 'old' 426's were pretty quick, but the 450 is supposed to be a step above. I am holding out untill I can afford the new ktm 525.... :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts