Discussion Starter #1
Well I think I found a pretty good deal but lemme know what you think
heres the specs
1993 YJ
6 cyl
automatic:flipoff2: for the wife to drive too
4wd
brand new 235/75 dunlop tires newer bestop soft top cd player speakers
drives good rides extra rough dont know if thats due to bad shocks or springs being flat???
has 75,000 miles on it
got it for a cool $2000 bucks
lemme know whatcha think and lemme know about those springs?
are they supposed to be flat?
thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just bought a 94 yj 5spd :flipoff2: and it rides rough too, but the springs are also flat. I think thats pretty normal and yes I'd say you got a great deal. I paid $3500 and have some tiny dents (hail?) and the clear coat on the paint is slightly oxidized in some places.

According to Kelly Blue Book my jeep *should* retail for 4k in 'good' condition

*edit* i have bald 30x9.5 BFG ATs too

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping I did pretty good on it
I am gonna go ahead and put some new shocks on it and just drive it and have a little fun with it
anyone have a preferance as to what are good shocks to use for their stock YJ's?
thanks

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
yes sounds like a good price on that one, the 93 that is. and the 94, well depends on if it has the 6cyl or not?

the stock springs will be flat........the rough ride will be the SHOCKS.........get some BILLSTEIN NITROGEN shocks............throw away the hydraulic..........made a HUGE difference (it came with the BILLSTEINS but i took them off just to see how the rancho shocks i had in the garage compared) on my 94 i just bought 6 months ago for $5400........................here are some pics for your comparison:

94YJ
6 cyl
110,000 miles
super clean, no rust palm springs born, no dents, no scratches underneath
5 speed
AC that works great
RUBICON 16" rims and 245 MTR's
front and rear bumpers (good quality beef with 2" receivers and d-ring tabs)
brand new besttop
lift shackles
no leaks, runs perfect :)

all i did was:
1. replace the leaky radiator
2. new clutch
3. install custom 4X4X1/4 rockers
4. new exhaust manifold
5. new AC fan
6. herculined the interior
7. change all fluids
8. 1" body lift

congrats on your new jeep, welcome aboard:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
thats a nice YJ man, I like those wheels.

yeah mine is a 4.0, high milage though 170,000. The best top isnt new but its not in bad shape. overall im pretty happy with it.

Im about to lift it with 4" springs and stick some 31's under it (i dont wanna kill my mpg too much) and probably a OTT if i can find one for a YJ. Terra makes one for a TJ that fits a YJ but i hear it kills the turning radius...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like those newer wheels as well thats what I want but I am gonna probably paint mine soon I'm gonna paint it flat black old school style with polished wheels and plan on herculining the interior as well, about how much does it take to do the interior?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
yeah 170,000 is high but that 4.0 can still have life left, depends on how it was taken care of. i expect mine to go way beyond 170,000 (fingers crossed).

a 1-1/4" shackle lift plus 1" body will clear 31's with no rubbing on the stock flares, that's what i have on mine. and i took the front swaybar completely off, no quick disco shit for me, been there done that with all the various stages i went through on my 87 :)

keep your eye open on craigs list for guys selling their rubicon stock wheels/tires like i have. you can get a complete set of 5 for around $500. MTR's are great tires, load range E..........i ran 32's, 35's and 37's on my 87YJ then jumped to 38" SX's.

i really am having fun with this 94, getting back to near stock again is wheelin i was really starting to miss:D

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
herculining the interior as well, about how much does it take to do the interior?
i did my 87 and now the 94. one gallon from wallymart will cover the entire front/rear floor and wheel wells. about $90 a gallon. that will cover two coats like it recommends. one coat won't cut it. just a bit of work to take out the seats/seatbelts/carpet................claen it real good and then rough up the surface with sandpaper then wipe it down with acetone then paint it up. beats the shit out of bare metal and carpet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts