1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Todd, is it just me, or do Toys *LIKE* laying on the passenger side? :confused:

Did this 3 hours ago: :)

This one's from labor day weekend:

Anyway, it's a little slow in here, and this qualifies (barely) for tech, so I thought I'd share. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,546 Posts
im sorry but whats so hard about axle hill? btw ANOTHER REASON TO GO WIDE!!!!

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That last pic is not axle hill. ;)

I went right freaking up axle hill. I don't really understand how Phil managed to roll his Toy there. Guess I'd have to go see if it's changed or something next time I'm in S-town.

The top pic in this thread? The reason I rolled is because I've been across thist "bunny-hill" obstacle too many times. All I had to do was get out and see what line to put my tires on to keep one from dropping into that hole, and drive down. Of couse, I was in this same spot two weeks ago, so I was certain I knew exactly where to go. At least I drove right out of this one. :shaking:

Creepy thing is, both of these flops dented the EXACT same spot on the right fender, at the top-rear corner of the tire opening. Whatever, at least I didn't lose a door. I'm long past caring about beating up fenders.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DSI said:
or lower the COG so it's even witht he top's of the tires :D
I knew I wanted to cut the roof and all that sheetmetal behind the doors off for a reason! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Evan, don't you think its about time to get a lil protection before it goes more than on the side? If you need a hand just let me know. I reacon its about time to start the transition from the other rig to a Toy.:rolleyes:

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
You shoud have tried to drive out of it. Started the engine, put it in reverse, turned the wheel to the right and back up!!!Worked for me!!!!:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Yep, looks like it could have been driven out of, or did you? N E Wayz, we wanna see it on the roof, flops are over rated

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
TNToy said:
Todd, is it just me, or do Toys *LIKE* laying on the passenger side? :confused:

Did this 3 hours ago: :)

This one's from labor day weekend:

Anyway, it's a little slow in here, and this qualifies (barely) for tech, so I thought I'd share. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
TNToy:[/i] [b]At least I drove right out of this one.[/b][/quote] [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OOP'S said:
You shoud have tried to drive out of it. Started the engine, put it in reverse, turned the wheel to the right and back up!!!Worked for me!!!!:rolleyes:
That answers that. :)

JeepTJ1062 said:
Evan, don't you think its about time to get a lil protection before it goes more than on the side? If you need a hand just let me know. I reacon its about time to start the transition from the other rig to a Toy.:rolleyes:
Chris, I wholeheartedly agree with you that it's time for a cage. As soon as I buy a little car to drive daily, the roof, windshield, and all the sheetmetal behind the front seats is getting lost in a massive sawzall orgy. Then it's getting a flatbed and a beefy cage run straight to the frame. :)

I'm not gonna be happy until I hear people bitch about chopping up a "prefectly good 4runner". :flipoff2:

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See that little word underneath your username to the left? That's what I'm calling you right now. :flipoff2:

But yeah, I'd love the chance (and a rig worthy) of wheelin with the boys out west. Gotta take what you can get, though.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
TNToy said:
is it just me, or do Toys *LIKE* laying on the passenger side?
Yup. Mine's been on the passenger door five times--the only times I flop onto the driver door, either it's a brief ding on the way to the roof, or just 'cause I can't drive (but rollover isn't involved at all). Looking back on it, I think it's an across-the-board thing--I'm not the only one who's put my truck right-side-down, but nobody else has put it left-side-down at all.

I'd make a suggestion that the trucks are off-balance 'cause of the gas tank on the right, but I've laid it over since moving mine, too. :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
It is kinda a strange coincidence that the majority of Toyotas you see on their side are on the right. Like Scott said it would be understandable that the gas tank in stock form might cause this. But if the tank is moved to the center with a cell or aother method it would rule this out. We need a sticker like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I think its because subconciously, you dont want to roll it toward your side, and when your truck leans with you looking at the ground, you dont take it as far, because it feels like a LOT more than it is. Personally, my truck has flopped onto the drivers side twice, w00t! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
994 Posts
raptorman57 said:
It is kinda a strange coincidence that the majority of Toyotas you see on their side are on the right. Like Scott said it would be understandable that the gas tank in stock form might cause this. But if the tank is moved to the center with a cell or aother method it would rule this out. We need a sticker like this:

That was the same way mine flops also:D always to the right;) When you order that sticker put me inline for one:D

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
DX2Dave said:
I think its because subconciously, you dont want to roll it toward your side, and when your truck leans with you looking at the ground, you dont take it as far, because it feels like a LOT more than it is. Personally, my truck has flopped onto the drivers side twice, w00t! :flipoff2:
Ding Ding, I think the newbie got it! I am a lot more conscious of what I am doing when I'm staring at the ground compared to the sky (especially with my extra wide stance adn low COG). Twice on the passenger side, none on the driver's. My roll a couple weeks ago went over the passenger side first, and then belly up in a creek, leaving me blowing bubbles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts