Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a frequent vistor here and finally finished my truck so I decided it's time to introduce everyone to my latest toy. It's a 1990 Amigo that I found sitting behind a garage rotting away. The top was shot along with the fuel pump, injectors, tires, and paint. I've always liked the Amigo for it's ability to go just about anywhere so I decided to rescue the truck and trick it out. I purchased the truck for $350 then loaded it onto a trailer and brought it back to my shop for the transformation. We installed a new fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel injectors, coil, dizzy cap and rotor, plug wires, plugs, and added a K & N filter. Next we completely disassembled the truck down to the dashboard and windshield and refinished it with 10 coats of 2004 Cadillac Space Blue Pearl. The frame and skid plate were also repainted. We added a 3 inch body lift, custom built tube bumpers, tinted top, Alpine sound system, Mickey Thompson 33x12.50 Baja Claw Radials, and Z-Racing 15x8 wheels. This truck will soon be up for sale so if anyone is interested drop me a line at [email protected]

Here's the link to pics: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690487
It is the 3rd truck from the top of page.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
nice looking Amigo, congradulations on your hard work................. but to clarify......what he is saying..........is that this is NOT the classified section.

if you want to chat about wheeling, building, modification, repairing................basically anything BUT selling....then welcome.

Otherwise...................wrong board.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome TrooperRS. I didn't mean for it to sound like a classified ad I guess I got a little carried away. From previous experience with post on different boards concerning trucks I have built there would be tons of questions of what was done, how much did I pay for it, what kind of paint did we use, and would I be interested in selling it. I thought I would save some bandwidth and put everything out from the start. lol

Here's a legit question, is there a suspension lift for the 90 model Amigos? I've searched several sites and have found nothing. I know theres got to be something somewhere out there just got to find it.
TIA

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yup, TrooperRS is da man. He gots the full shizzle fo yo pimp ride :p :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
tintman said:
Here's a legit question, is there a suspension lift for the 90 model Amigos? I've searched several sites and have found nothing. I know theres got to be something somewhere out there just got to find it.
TIA

again welcome..............and yepper there are lifts and parts available for your Isuzu................ :flipoff2:

let me know if i can answer any questions.

i can also do some mixing and matching to custom tailor something for you in your budget.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind of suspesion lifts are available for the Amigo? Also, has anyone installed a Turbo Isuzu Impulse engine into a Amigo, Trooper, or Rodeo? I'm bouncing around ideas for new tricks to do so feel free to chunk ideas.

·
Typical White Guy
3,709 Posts
Dan (screen name houlster on here) put an Impulse turbo on his Amigo 2.6, as can be seen HERE. People have also swapped in Chevy 4.3's and 5.7's, and Ford 5.0's.... and Dan is in the process of putting a supercharged Chevy 3.8 in place of his turbo 2.6. Of course, this involves swapping in a different tranny/tcase as well and is a ton of custom fabrication work. Its doable, obviously, but not by everyone.

Lift stuff is available from Darlington Off-Road and Independent4x. Calmini makes stuff too, but they are asshats with horrible customer service, so don't buy from them :laughing:
________
SPICE WEED

·
Registered
43 Posts
Beautiful Job man!! Out of curiosity, who built that bad-ass front bumper? One of the nicest I've ever seen. Again-Great Job! :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Toddzu said:
Beautiful Job man!! Out of curiosity, who built that bad-ass front bumper? One of the nicest I've ever seen. Again-Great Job! :cool:
Thanks! Friend at a local muffler shop built the bumpers. He used 1/4 inch thick pipe on all pieces and welded from the inside whenever possible to eliminate visible weld seams. Also does great work on exhaust too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts