Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok peoples, this thread is for posting up info on events and dates held in JV and the surrounding areas.

This is for the event info ONLY, not talking about it. Want to talk about an event, start a thread.

Get to posting:)

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just thought I would post up two District 37 events that are going to be staged off of Means this Fall.

One is the weekend of Oct 11-12 (Put on by So Cal MC)
This event is called a Desert Scrambles and will have two courses set up, with racing on Sun

The second is the weekend of Nov 15-16 (Put on by 4 Aces-my club)
This will be an Enduro run on Sun

This is for information purposes, so you won't be surprised when you see quite a crowd there.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Friends Of Giant Rock FOGR 'May' FUN DAY

FOGR Start: 05/30/2009 - 10:00am

Meet at 10:00 am (earlier if possible) Means Dry Lake; Special guest Mark Howlett from Partnership for Johnson Valley. Plan to take off on 2 different trails (one hard, one easy) and then meet up at Emerson Dry Lake. BBQ planned, burgers and dogs or bring your meat of choice and use our grills.

Directions:
From highway 62/247 junction in Yucca Valley, take highway 247 North approximately 20 miles to Boone Rd., take Boone rd. North approximately 4 miles to the lake bed. Look for the "Friends Of Giant Rock" banners.

From highway 18/247 junction in Lucerne Valley, take highway 247 South approximately 24 miles to Boone Rd., take Boone rd. North approximately 4 miles to the lake bed. look for the "Friends Of Giant Rock" banners.

Means Dry Lake GPS coordinates:
34 24' 47"N
116 30' 59"W

This will get you near the center of the lake.
Once on the lake look for the "Friends Of Giant Rock" banners. Last time we were towards the North end of the lake. Lake population may prompt alternate location.

Google maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.392742,-116.52787&z=13&t=h&hl=en

About Friends Of Giant Rock

WHO ARE WE? We are a family oriented off-road group, dedicated to making better neighbors of ourselves, especially our youth. This is an area of concern to everyone and mitigating conflict between urbanization and recreation, we can successfully promote this tremendous outdoor sport to the benefit of all. It's a job that needs doing! With your help, we can do it.------- WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP? 1.Write letters to county and state representatives. 2. Be a responsible rider! Prove to the anti-OHV groups that we are safe, courteous and environmentally friendly. 3. Have legal and safe vehicles with spark arresters and quiet pipes (excessively loud vehicles are our worst enemies). 4. Drive slowly on dirt roads near homes/neighborhoods, people, animals and other vehicles. 5. Teach others to be respectful and responsible. Use common sense. 6. Be respectful to law and code enforcement officers. 7. Join Friends Of Giant Rock! http://www.friendsofgiantrock.com

Friends of Giant Rock Help Us. Help You. To Keep Riding.

Helen Baker
www.pfjv.org

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm thinking about having a little race on 2/22. I'm just gonna invite a few guys I know. Maybe take some pics and throw them up on the web.

I think it would be kinda cool.
might be cool?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I'm thinking about having a little race on 2/22. I'm just gonna invite a few guys I know. Maybe take some pics and throw them up on the web.

I think it would be kinda cool.
Count me in,i think ill have gas money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts