Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just want some input as I am new to axle swaps, I currently have a 1970 k20 with a 292 and a dana 44 8 lug drum with a 12 bolt rear. I really want to upgrade to a dana 60 with disk but it's almost impossible to find a dana 60 passenger drop axle these days. Would it be possible to swap to a driver side differential? I am able to get my hands on a Np241hd and a Nv4500 4x4 and a pair of front ( dana 60) and rear axles out of a 2002 2500 non diesel for $2750. Would I be able to use this set up to make my truck into a driver side drop?

·
Vendor
1,009 Posts
Spring perches on the super duty axle are really wide. You're either doing major axle surgery or major truck surgery to make it go together.

·
blatant asshole
12,614 Posts
Spring perches on the super duty axle are really wide. You're either doing major axle surgery or major truck surgery to make it go together.
I assume dodge because he said "2500" but i assume.

Coil sprung swap is and has been done but it is also possible to leaf spring the dodge axle. Idk what the cast pads on the d60 were though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assume dodge because he said "2500" but i assume.

Coil sprung swap is and has been done but it is also possible to leaf spring the dodge axle. Idk what the cast pads on the d60 were though.
Yes it is dodge axles, I have tried to find stuff on it but have been coming up short could you send me a link to some?

·
Registered
72 k10, bbc edelbrock e street efi, Ford axles
15 Posts
Dana 50 front 10.25” rear, I’m using sky manufacturing front 37” I believe
leaf hanger, shackle perches, 6” shackles, and out riggers for the front shackle mounts for the front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts