Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 1059 Posts

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
300ft.lbs x 6.55 x 6.55 x 1.96 x 4.56 = 115,033.615ft.lbs at the hubs.

Sweeeeeeet.

4.10s.......;)

It's also 7.00 x 7.00 x 1.96 x 4.10 = 393.764:1 crawl......(if both are in reverse):eek::laughing:

It NEVER was an issue of practicallity, it was because I was told I couldn't do it.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
4.10s.......;)

It's also 7.00 x 7.00 x 1.96 x 4.10 = 393.764:1 crawl......(if both are in reverse):eek::laughing:

It NEVER was an issue of practicallity, it was because I was told I couldn't do it.
heheh don't let ME stop ya... I once tried to see how many levers I could stuff into an M715, without being unnecessary:
1.tranny shifter
2.1st twin stick
3. 2nd twin stick
4. 203 shifter
5. front PTO lever
6. rear PTO lever
7. front PTO winch engagement
8. rear PTO winch engagement
9. left cutting brake
10. right cutting brake
11. rear steer lever.

I've done away with the PTO levers for now. :D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Love this build man, and hell of a doubler. How long is your rear shaft after that?

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
4.10s.......;)

i dont know anybody that would have told you that you COULDNT, i diffinately would have told you NOT TO.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
heheh don't let ME stop ya... I once tried to see how many levers I could stuff into an M715, without being unnecessary:
1.tranny shifter
2.1st twin stick
3. 2nd twin stick
4. 203 shifter
5. front PTO lever
6. rear PTO lever
7. front PTO winch engagement
8. rear PTO winch engagement
9. left cutting brake
10. right cutting brake
11. rear steer lever.

I've done away with the PTO levers for now. :D
Sweet........:laughing:

Speaking of, got the shifters pretty much in, just have to paint/tighten and add my breaker bar handles(been in every truck I built)
Plan is to throw all this in tomorrow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey spider. Nice work. I'm pretty sure we're in the same area because I've seen your other build on the local boards. When this thing comes together we should go for a wheel. I wanna see it in action. Oh ya I run a pretty capable shortbox. PM me when it's goin (JP on the local boards)

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yup, you're out in Sooke right? Should be running right away, I'm still in the shop working right now(2:40am.......)and it should be driveable tomorrow. Hoping to go wheeling in the next couple weeks. I'll let you know man.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Got the trannies done, and decided last minute that we needed a big bad truck for advertising the local tough truck competition........Mine got voted and the 35's just weren't gonna cut it. So, whats the logical thing to do?:smokin:

I'll let the pics talk.......

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
The trannies are working awesome so far, I'll have pics once I sort through them, but I have to assume the auto I pulled out was fubared, cause this motor has loads of torque, and burnouts on 49's ROCK............Driveshaft had to be picked up from throughout the shop and across the street, but it was cool:smokin:

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Hey spidr, u should save a couple of these pics for one of those "will 33's fit with my 6" lift" threads!:laughing::grinpimp:

Really though, the rig is turning out awesome man! For some reason I always try to keep up with your projects!:smokin:

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
So I got a few installed pics, if anyone wants a specific pic let me know and I'll grab it.

Nearly perfect smooth belly, the belly pan was flush to the frame, but I had to drop it and inch for the rear shaft. Pics pretty much show the rest, I'm working on a remote shifter from on here, and borrowing the high angle 1480 idea from someone.......on to pics.

Belly skid/crossmember out of truck, trans/t-case have 4 poly bushing mounts(end of trans, end of trans, pto on 2nd trans, and side of 205) I still have to chain down the pto on the 205.

Installed pics tell the story.

·
Registered
434 Posts
SWEET! I love it man.

I just put tons, crossover, and 39s under my K5 after completely destroying the rear 10 bolt on 36s. It works a little better now. I'm on roughly ~6" of lift, but am certainly looking to go bigger in tire size after I wear these out; this is great inspiration.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Started on the tube flares and mudflaps, still need to be sheeted, but they will be removable, the bracketry will brace the bodywork.

41 - 60 of 1059 Posts