Pirate 4x4 banner

1841 - 1860 of 1874 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,842
Very cool, looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished cc.
Thanks I'll post up as I make progress.

you guys bringing the k5 out to koh 2019? be rad to see it even if its just out to show the fan boys how its done at the shit show!
Yes we will be there the entire week. We camp near Turkey Claw (just south) Stop me and say hi if you see me, and lets have a few cold beverages....

What hose did you use on the fuel pumps?
The hose that came with the Walbro pumps. Min length was used.

how come you're going to a race tire on the crew cab? Is it just going to be an off road truck or are those race tires not as terrible as the others on the road?

I got them for a good deal, going to see for myself if they are really that bad. If they are no good for street I will sell and go with a Toyo/Nitto 40/17.

Are you going to do a build thread for that truck? I'd be interested to see how it turns out.
No thread I just don't get on Pirate much lately. I'll post progress on here.

Thanks guys! and see you at the hammers. I'll post a pic of the Blazer the way it will be at KOH. Its raining now so hopefully I'll get one over the weekend.

·
Premium Member
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,844
Rims/Tires, Leafs and axles Sold.

Just need to cut out the spring mounts for the front leafs and the hacked crossmember with motor mounts. Then the rebuild can start.

Picking up some goodies from ORD at KOH. Should be good.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
the evolution here is amazing. I just started on my 75 project and I'm so overwhelmed with it being my first full build.

·
Premium Member
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,847
Been a min..

Got a bunch going on.

Blazer is still running strong, we did manage to break/crack the front truss. I ended up plating/gusseting the truss while the truck was in my trailer …… Will be out at JV from 1-5th of Jan.

My Bros truck is about done, wiring and a little plumbing left. Hopefully will be out at KOH. Watch out for a blue '72 Chevy it will rip...

My cousin bough a truck that ended up being a great parts truck that was poorly assembled. A '74 from the Sac, Grey on 40" MTR/46" Mickeys. I started by going to lower it 4-6" by relocating the shocks... Well that turned into removing all the hack work from the front and rear. Pretty much leaving just the frame, cutting out all the front tubing and the bed cage. Sold off the Radflows and got new Foxs. Went form 14" all around to 16" R, 14" F. Got rid of the Dodge 60 the Owner swapped in and had a Dynatrac ProRock 60 built. Got rid of the Full Hydro for Hydro assist. Tied the in cab cage to the bed cage. Lowered down and redid all of the rear suspension mounts (same as mine and my bros now) Adding Bumps and limiting straps too. It WILL NOW be a functional truck when I'm done. Hopefully that will also be out for KOH.

The Blue Crew cab now has a New (Built by me) Flat bed and engine crossmember. Also lowered from 8" to 4" and from 16.5x12" on 35's to H2's with 37's. Looks a lot better.
It is all fully functional now with a solid drivetrain, including new clutch. Soon will be up for sale, 12k if anyone on here is interested or knows anyone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Blue truck looks great

·
Premium Member
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,852
Yes I have been to every KOH since '09. ANs will continue to go as far as I see it....

Blue truck is gone, sold.

Collecting parts for the Other Crew Cab for myself. It will be a twin turbo CTD.

Blazer is just chillin in my trailer, waiting on some new shoes. Bought a set of 40 DOT nittos for her.

Bros truck is done and running around. Came out amazing. Got some #ProperTune, too.

About done with my Cousins truck so then I can start on my CC.

·
Premium Member
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,853
Finally done with my cousins truck. Its off to CBM to get some #propertune. Its going to be wicked.
I (finally) got started on MY truck.
73 Crew.
I cunt the hack on the front for some 80's style frame ends for the core support and because I had a section of a 85 sub frame around.
I moved the spring hanger forward 3" and welded it to the body mount part. A also got some blow dryers..... this should be a fun truck.

BTW anyone run newer seats in these older trucks??? Looking to get a set of 15 crewcab Chevy seats. I hope I don't have to go down with the seats....

I should have most all the parts. I still need tires and a steering box with ram. And ORD is hooking me up with some correctly tuned fox shocks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,860
Fuck yea, looking good, looking forward to updates on this.
Badass! Thanks for updating us.
thanks guys!!!
Should be a fun truck!
Whats the story on the brakes on that front axle?
willwood bridged caliper, Branik caliper mount(cut and offset), Spidertrax venter rotor and hat. All parts from Dave @ Trent Fab. Branik will be putting out a vented version of their set soon.

Will there be a build thread for your cousins truck? Looks sick!
Nope, truck is done, he is not on Pirate. Truck is currently at CBM getting some #Propertune and getting the engine rebuilt. Remember kids, -06 is not enough for oil lines......It will fuck shit up fast...

As always, in almost everything you do, BAD ASS [email protected] SHIT ! :beer:
Thanks brother.... having fun....

1841 - 1860 of 1874 Posts