Pirate 4x4 banner

1861 - 1864 of 1864 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,861
My bros truck is about done. BTW he bought my old dodge back from the guy I sold it to.... So its back in the family...

Got the wheel and tire combo going. 40 Nitto on some TR's..

Radiator support is about done. One brace to add and sand/paint

Tunnel work complete. Just needs sand the tips of the welds down a bit, silicone and paint.

Rear frame extensions tacked in, short bed will fit right on... A 40 Gal suburban tank will be back there too.. will be all tight but I'm confident it will all work.

Been playing with trying to mount the turbos, Looks like I will need to cut more firewall near the trans tunnel. But I need a 24v stock manifold to try? If anyone has a 24v 98-02 exhaust manifold let me know please...

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
So what is the game plan with the back half of the frame?
Didn't want to pull the 14" inches out from behind the cab so you just whacked the back of the frame then remaking it with 2x4 for the minus 18"?

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,864
Bedigs truck had a bunch of engine problems. The previous owners put on 3/8" oil lines to the cooler. Ended up starving the engine for Lube. Needed new bearings, pistons, rings, cam, springs, oil pump and swapped out the car pan for a truck pan. Ill install some -10 cooler lines and a cooler in the rear later.

The rear of the Crew Cab, is a fun story.... The previous owner had cut the frame about 4' back from the cab. And since I'm going to be running a truck bed I needed to recreate the up and down (2.25") of the frame above the axle. But without shortening the front section. Then I found some 2x4x.250" so I said Fuck-it it will be beef. Its boxes in and welded on both sides and rosette. I was able fit the 40 Gal sub tank. On an angle and backwards, hahhahahah. It will fit with min trimming to the front for the axle. And backwards so the filler will be on the Drivers side behind the rear wheel.

Problem is going to be the exhaust. With a 5" pipe its huge and the Sub tank is all the way up against the rear axle. So I wont be able to go up and over. Cant go above the frame and cant go below. I'll explore some oval tubing and cutting through the frame but I don't like that either.....

Got the front axle spring perches welded up on the casting and axle shafts figured out. Carl Jantz will be making me some shafts for the front 14b.

Next is new body mounts from Energy Suspension and Shock mounts. The rear Deavers might need to be swapped out. With the long tension shackle I need something with a lot more lift. This would be perfect if I were to run a shackle flip in place. Right at about 4" of lift.

And on the rear I had a buddy cut me some 1/2 plate and welded to the rear of the frame that the hitch is welded to, the bumper will bolt to and the rear spring hangers bolt to (I will weld them in place when I finalize the location. Hitch should be beef too 3.5 square x .250"

Got some goodies from LeePowerSteering.com too.

Attachments

1861 - 1864 of 1864 Posts