Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 914 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
The top hoop is aprox. 1/8 from touching the hood when fully closed.. He hoop is actually taller then the radiator expecially on the side where it is munched... I will lighten the pic up and try to put them up today on my site...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Drunk Monkey said:
The top hoop is aprox. 1/8 from touching the hood when fully closed.. He hoop is actually taller then the radiator expecially on the side where it is munched... I will lighten the pic up and try to put them up today on my site...

JK that is a work of art dude :grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
wngrog said:
School Bus will still be the same length as 5.0
you going to use cruiser tail lights again or led's ?? I think small round leds ... white ,yellow and red would look cool on top of each other on each side ... of course I bet you nolonger have turn signals on her do you :smokin:

·
Registered
869 Posts
woooody said:
I thought it had already been renamed to Nolen Grogan Outdoors :flipoff2:

This is why I'm confused. I don't know if I need to re-join the TLCA or GMRU (Grogan's Minions R Us) :laughing:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Hey Nolan-
what radiator is thta? Is that a Griffin? I have been trying to find one that has that style filler neck and pots on top and below- not on the side.

looks awesome!

-Dustin

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
choreboy2 said:
Hey Nolan-
what radiator is thta? Is that a Griffin? I have been trying to find one that has that style filler neck and pots on top and below- not on the side.

looks awesome!

-Dustin
It is the Man-a-Fre Aluminum radiator that is built to fit in the stock location.

Kling-on. I am thinking about round LEDs and setting it up to look like an early FJ with the reflectors and all......

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Eskimo said:
With the thought of "you designed this rig to be durable after rolling", it appears that the top of the radiator is higher than the hoop? More to come, or am i missing something? bad camera angle?

Rad protection is high on my list, since that will immobilize your rig... I figured it would be on yours, too.
There is going to be a stinger of sorts (small) that will keep the pressure off the center of the radiator. The hoop will really help for side rolls.

The radiator is already "clearanced" from the front Bumper to the A-pillar. When I rolled it over backwards, I did not have any grill protection and that is as much of the radiator that was messed up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
looking good

you going to run a breather for that tank up out of the way ?

or are your kids going to get high on the fumes in the back seat ?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
planb said:
looking good

you going to run a breather for that tank up out of the way ?

or are your kids going to get high on the fumes in the back seat ?
this has never been an issue with my buggy. it's open aired.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
High5 said:
this has never been an issue with my buggy. it's open aired.
1. You burn the fuel too fast for it to give off odors.....
2. The fuel is usally sloshing around so much it covers the vent.....
:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
texican said:
1. You burn the fuel too fast for it to give off odors.....
2. The fuel is usally sloshing around so much it covers the vent.....
:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
That is funny as hell.

That hose that is hanging in the picture is my vent hose. In the past it was not venting well, but Mark showed me how to fix it on the trail in Johnson Valley and all is well.......

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey Jason,

Make sure you tie a nut on a string in one of the tubes so that it will clank around. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I also managed to snap a quick pic of the custom grill work jason has been working on. I don't know if he wants to let the cat out of the bag yet though :flipoff2:

once i get the OK from jason I will post it up

·
Registered
324 Posts
i like how this thing is coming together! :smokin:

Nolen, any reason you kept that big ugly home base lookin' baffle off the intake elbow? that's the first thing i got rid of on mine. it's a pretty engine, show it off! :grinpimp:

Shawn

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
warpdriv said:
Hey Jason,

Make sure you tie a nut on a string in one of the tubes so that it will clank around. :flipoff2:

BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ...thud :laughing:

161 - 180 of 914 Posts