Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 nv4500 that was behind a 454. I want to swap it on my 79 k5 Blazer to replace my old th350. What parts would i need? I have the 454 bellhousing and I think it will bolt right on my sbc. Am I right? Could I simply use à sm465 clutch & flywheel or I need something custom? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

·
blatant asshole
13,358 Posts
So you just need a flywheel for the internaly balanced motor and convert your truck to manual pedals w/hydro master.

Theres pedal kits that simply add on to yours and are intended for hydro masters.

What are you using for a tcase?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you just need a flywheel for the internaly balanced motor and convert your truck to manual pedals w/hydro master.
So my engine is internally balanced?
I have the pedal kit but I will need the hydro cylindre for the clutch.

My t-case is a np205 (round pattern).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How t

What are you using for a tcase?
Didn’t know my engine was internally balanced…

I will use a np205 (circle pattern). I already have it. Freshly rebuilt and twin sticked.

·
blatant asshole
13,358 Posts
Your early sbc is internaly balanced. The 454s are externaly balanced. You can not use a tbi350/sbc 400/454 flywheel.
327/carb 350/396/402/427 are all internaly balanced motors with interchangable flywheels/flexplates.

Your 205 will need a cheap spacer ring to make it work but more than anything else get a castiron tail housing for the 4500. 205s are heavy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts