Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
My frist post here at Pirate and I would like to thank you in advance for your time and opinion.

I own a 1990 Nissan D21 4cyl 4x4 and I love it. The previous owner said he put a 94' engine in with around 100k while the odometer reads 183,xxx. I drove it cross country and as a daily driver for about a year now with zero issues, but as I now make another move I am considering a selling her and buying a newer model Xterra or Pathfinder. If I kept her I would have to invest a good deal of money to get her to behave like she should. I have an offer for $1500. If I sold her I would have another grand or so to buy something else. Needed uses include hauling gear and a small trailer.

Is there anything that can really help improve performance to fit my needs without getting crazy deep or should I just leave it?

·
Oh Jesus Tits....
2,669 Posts
I'd leave it.

You can get a CAI and a header for that motor, and improve the exhaust. These mods might be good for 10-15hp, but are likely not worth the expense.

Converting to a V6 requires a different trans and Tcase.

Unless you plan to keep the truck a long time and put more into it, I'm not sure the value is there to do much to what you have. They're dead reliable just as they are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts