Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my Rubicon soon but playing with the idea of switching out transfer cases for a dual stick transfer case. I know the dana 300 makes a dual stick conversion but is 2.62:1 ratio rather than the NVG241OR's 4:1. However I could get an Atlas II transfer case, but that would be expensive. Any advice?

·
Registered
785 Posts
What axles? Rubi 44s aren't built well enough for front digs so a twin stick would not be as useful

Rocktrac in my experience is a pretty strong case. Others may have varied experience.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What axles? Rubi 44s aren't built well enough for front digs so a twin stick would not be as useful

Rocktrac in my experience is a pretty strong case. Others may have varied experience.
I would be keeping the 44's at least until I stop using it as a daily driver. Half the reason I am getting a Rubicon is for that transfer case as well as the lockers so I do not have to get them after market. This is just an idea granted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why exactly do you want twin sticks? Have you wheeled enough and have access to places that having a twin sticked case would be beneficial?

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but I believe that the 2 grand you would spend on an Atlas can be spent in far more useful ways. Especially in a vehicle that I assume is next to stock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why exactly do you want twin sticks? Have you wheeled enough and have access to places that having a twin sticked case would be beneficial?

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but I believe that the 2 grand you would spend on an Atlas can be spent in far more useful ways. Especially in a vehicle that I assume is next to stock.
It was an idea to make a more versatile build, however it seems that I will probably wait until this becomes a trail vehicle only or until I break the stock transfer case before I make the swap. I think I will use the money on an onbord air compressor system as well as getting a slip yoke eliminator.

·
Registered
765 Posts
It was an idea to make a more versatile build, however it seems that I will probably wait until this becomes a trail vehicle only or until I break the stock transfer case before I make the swap. I think I will use the money on an onbord air compressor system as well as getting a slip yoke eliminator.
Rubicons have fixed flange output so no need for an SYE. A switch to a CV driveshaft though can be a good move.

OBA is nice, but wouldn't be (actually wasn't) anywhere near the top of my list of first things to do.

I'd suggest you wheel the thing as is for awhile and read here and other forums. Good to learn about your vehicle before throwing parts at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts