Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Cause Google will tell me about private wheeling areas...
That comment explains alot :shaking:

It's private land you plutard, not private wheeling. Just like the house you live in (unless you live in a box, which may be a possibility) is likely on private land. Just because it's private doesn't mean you can't pay to get in.

Let me google that for you
:laughing::laughing:...plutard....that's funny right there

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,192 Posts
:flipoff2: I might copyright it.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Well, back to the OP. It's going to be pretty tough to keep a truck with a GM D60 and 16" wide tires at the 80" width. The axle is 69" WMS to WMS which means the edge of the tires can only stick out about 5.5" on both sides from the WMS.

On paper an H1 wheel with the stock 7" backspacing along with 16" wide tires would put you right at 80" overall width. Since the H1 wheels are 16.5" that doesn't help you so I won't even bother going into the issue of trying to make that setup work in regards to clearance issues. It looks like even a factory 2500HD wheel that is only about 6.5" wide with 5" BS would still put you over width on paper.

Doesn't sound like those tires are that great of a deal compared to the hassle of trying to make them work.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Find wheeling areas that have no width requirement, or where it isn't enforced. Find private areas to wheel.

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,192 Posts
Or if you can't, you can always grab some narrower 16.5 tires and some non-recentered H1s.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Or, you could get rid of your truck, and get an s-10 or something along those lines...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts