Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess who's got two thumbs and got a Kentucky Archery Bulk Elk tag, this guy. Only 91 out of state tags awarded.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Nice, what kind of Elk are they ?
Kentucky elk, read the title :shaking:

Now, the real question is, does Primos make an elk call that sounds like his cousin? :flipoff2:

That's cool though, I've seen elk in NC/TN, but didn't think they allowed hunting them on the east coast.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Now, the real question is, does Primos make an elk call that sounds like his cousin? :flipoff2:

That's cool though, I've seen elk in NC/TN, but didn't think they allowed hunting them on the east coast.
They've been hunting them for about little over 10 years in KY, they are about to open up seasons in TN and NC. Ive got property in NC and the area they are going to open up for it, is close to my land.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, what kind of Elk are they ?
They were brought in from the Rockies.

This guys was taken last year from the outfitters land Im using.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So are they on a WMA I take it ?

They do great as transplants, and are to me, the best to eat.
Actually, mainly private land.

Yea, definitely the best game to eat. :smokin:

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
They've been hunting them for about little over 10 years in KY, they are about to open up seasons in TN and NC. Ive got property in NC and the area they are going to open up for it, is close to my land.
Tn had they're 1st hunt in '09. They drew 4 tags and auctioned off a 5th.
'15 they added a youth draw tag, for 6 total. Tn got their elk from Elk Island in Canada.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts

They're BIG-ASS Elk! I saw the result of a car/elk collision down in se KY while I was still there (2001). It wasn't pretty, and the drive died.

I lived in Ashland at the time, and knew a guy in Louisa who got a permit one year, and another friend over in Grayson who got one the next year.

An Elk is good EATIN'! :grinpimp:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts