Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Some more:

I finished up the the steering box plate

I also got my upper rear coil mounts done

and the factory panhard bar bracket plated

The rear axle is done with all the brackets welded on

I also got the rear shock mounts done. They are just the top few inches of the ford shock towers.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
And some more random pictures showing the rest of the track-bar bracket put on the front axle and the coilover hoops put on after I made them.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
ok so I actually got a lot done since the last time I uploaded pictures... which means I didn't have a lot of time to take pictures because I was trying to get things done. So it is actually sitting on tires now and the engine, transmission, transmission, transfercases are back in the frame and I put a couple bolts back in the body temporarily. I also temporarily put the grill and front bumper on so that it would look decent and be trailered to the Swap-meet and show n' shine that our club put on. Here are a couple pictures with it washed and out in the sunshine.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I need to take the body back off to finish things. I will take more pictures for you guys when I do that.

·
Vendor
1,463 Posts
Damn man you do have OCD... look at how clean everything is!! Love it!

Cool build. I like the look of the flares, I wish there was some company that made huge ones for general application. Like trim'n'fit type stuff.

Nice welding BTW. Clean beads, no undercut, and actual penetration. None of that show-crap stack-a-tack cold junk.

Keep up the work. Looking forward to flex shots and some wheelin pics!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
a little on the tall side... but that is some damn fine work you've done there :smokin: can't wait to see more progress
Thanks! Yeah I would really like to drop it a couple inches, the rear was sitting tall so I just adjusted the front coilovers so it would sit level. I'm hoping the rear coils will settle down a little bit, and also when I build a rear bumper and pack tools it will hopefully help bring it down.

·
Registered
161 Posts
sick build dude i have a 91 pickup sas locked front and back i live in boise we should go wheeling sometime all the clubs around here are jeepers cant find any yota guys

·
Registered
409 Posts
Nice build. A little different direction that I took with mine, but it looks like you have replaced every major part. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I have some pictures for you guys! They aren't necessarily in an exact order of events...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great build man, quick question for you: What width did you end up setting between the front frame rails? And how much clearance do you have from the frame to the headers?

Thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Great build man, quick question for you: What width did you end up setting between the front frame rails? And how much clearance do you have from the frame to the headers?

Thanks
At the very front there is about 26 1/2" between the inside of the framerails and they taper in as they go back. There is roughly 25 1/2" between the rails where the header collector flanges are. Clearance between the headers and framerails is REALLY tight... like almost touching on the drivers side and about 1/4" on the passenger side.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Damn that's clean. Where did you get those flares?
They are bushwacker flares. I got them off ebay. They don't make rear flares of that style for the 2nd gen 4runners so I ordered 2 front sets and did a little triming to make one of the front sets work for the rear

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #100 (Edited)
Front Sway-bar:

What each piece started as

Torsion bar from a 1990 Nissan pickup. It's about 35" inches long

welded washers to cap one side of each spline sleeve

Drivers Side arm

Passenger side

I used set screws to keep the arm from coming off the bar

81 - 100 of 172 Posts