Pirate 4x4 banner

what do i get

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Fellas, i'm going to buy me a Kimber 1911 for my concealed handgun, but i have huge problem deciding on which one i like the most, there all pretty much the same price from 800.00 - 1,300.00 T.T.L., & 500 - 1000 rounds to get me started, plus i have buddy that re-loads.... that will help with how much the cost to use them....

i have about 1000.00 to play with plus if it is a few more hundo's,i can get the rest from the WIFE if i have to, well i'm already there and you might aswell get what you want or you will not be happy with what you buy your self......

this is the one i want the most, because it pretty much has it all, and you will not see very many people that have this one, i love the fact that it is different color, and you got to love that digital camo...price is a little on the high end $1535.00 Ultra Covert II™ .45 ACP
option #1

i like this one cause it simple and straight to the point, and the Price seems fair, price is $849.00 Ultra Carry II™ .45 ACP

option #2

my wife wants me to get this one she likes the bling, i like it but not to sure, if it is to shinny for me, price is $937.00 Stainless Ultra Carry II™ .45 ACP
option #3

i like this one but the grips must be changed out to black, price is not all that bad $1179.00 Eclipse Ultra II™ .45 ACP
option #4

i like this one as well, i like the gray another odd color i think, the grips on this will also have to be Black on this one, the wife don't like it, the price is fair i think $1185.00 Tactical Ultra II™ .45 ACP
option #5

and last but not least , this has the slick look to it i think, pice is $1285.00 Ultra CDP II™ .45 ACP
option #6

there all pretty close in design, some alum frame some stainless steel, very small differences....

what do y'all think i should buy

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Ive been shooting and tuning 1911s for a while....

IMO, do not get a sub 4.25" 1911. If you want a compact gun, there are better platforms.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
I have a kimber compact stainless and love it. I have the hogue rubber wrap around grip, it holds on nicely when you have it stuffed in your pants, but that was before I got my galco SOB holster, I like the laser grip thing on the first one

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Run away. Get a Springfield.
Do this. Or we shall mock you severely when "I just sent my gun back to Kimber, again" gets posted in 3 months. ;)

Short-barrel/slide 1911s just do not work reliably, pretty much across the board. Buy a Glock. Buy an M&P. Buy a SIG. Buy a decent-side-length 1911. Just pick one.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I carry a Tactical Pro II, Has the 4 1/4" barrel with a full size aluminum frame,,I have it the .45 and absolutely love it

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Where is the "Something other then a Kimber" option?

Kimbers are the Harley Davidson of the Gun world, you can find something just as good or better for a lot less money.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
buy mine for $1150 shipped...14rd double stack with extra mag...poly frame makes for light weight...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Dustin, can you elaborate on the reliability factor on a 4" or shorter 1911?

Keith, I assume you meant fullsize. IIRC The Spring EMP is only available in 9mm.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i gus keep giving me other options, i have never heared anything bad about Kimber, tell now. and i love the 1911's, don't get me wrong i'm a springfeild guy aswell i just think it will be a little heavy. im 6' 262 lbs. the problem is there are to many choices out there....

and how do you really know what to buy, i'm sure there are some guns that were made on a mondays and people just dont want to work on mondays

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive been shooting and tuning 1911s for a while....

IMO, do not get a sub 4.25" 1911. If you want a compact gun, there are
better platforms.
such as?????

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
XD, Glock or Sig compact or subcompact, cheaper, just as reliable if not more so and easier to conceal because the subcompact's are smaller. Kimber makes some sexy guns, but who cares what a concealed gun looks like they usually look like crap after a few months of holstering anyhow, and chances are nobody's ever going to see it. Spend the extra cash on classes, ammo or save up a little more and get something sexy for the range.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one, especially a new one, but I've got a bobtailed 4" Kimber that has been super-reliable. No problems with it to-date.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
wierd, I have never had any problems with mine, and I do driveby shootings with it almost every weekend :D

1 - 20 of 85 Posts