Pirate 4x4 banner

what do i get

KIMBER 1911 HELP me

10K views 84 replies 34 participants last post by  Tim84K10 
#1 · (Edited)
Well Fellas, i'm going to buy me a Kimber 1911 for my concealed handgun, but i have huge problem deciding on which one i like the most, there all pretty much the same price from 800.00 - 1,300.00 T.T.L., & 500 - 1000 rounds to get me started, plus i have buddy that re-loads.... that will help with how much the cost to use them....

i have about 1000.00 to play with plus if it is a few more hundo's,i can get the rest from the WIFE if i have to, well i'm already there and you might aswell get what you want or you will not be happy with what you buy your self......

this is the one i want the most, because it pretty much has it all, and you will not see very many people that have this one, i love the fact that it is different color, and you got to love that digital camo...price is a little on the high end $1535.00 Ultra Covert II™ .45 ACP
option #1

i like this one cause it simple and straight to the point, and the Price seems fair, price is $849.00 Ultra Carry II™ .45 ACP

option #2

my wife wants me to get this one she likes the bling, i like it but not to sure, if it is to shinny for me, price is $937.00 Stainless Ultra Carry II™ .45 ACP
option #3

i like this one but the grips must be changed out to black, price is not all that bad $1179.00 Eclipse Ultra II™ .45 ACP
option #4

i like this one as well, i like the gray another odd color i think, the grips on this will also have to be Black on this one, the wife don't like it, the price is fair i think $1185.00 Tactical Ultra II™ .45 ACP
option #5

and last but not least , this has the slick look to it i think, pice is $1285.00 Ultra CDP II™ .45 ACP
option #6

there all pretty close in design, some alum frame some stainless steel, very small differences....

what do y'all think i should buy

See less See more
#15 ·
Ive been shooting and tuning 1911s for a while....

IMO, do not get a sub 4.25" 1911. If you want a compact gun, there are
better platforms.
such as?????

#4 ·
I have a kimber compact stainless and love it. I have the hogue rubber wrap around grip, it holds on nicely when you have it stuffed in your pants, but that was before I got my galco SOB holster, I like the laser grip thing on the first one

#81 ·
I think this is the one a buddy has (maybe he'll see this thread and chime in) but it's a sweet ass gun!! Very straight shooting.

#6 ·
Do this. Or we shall mock you severely when "I just sent my gun back to Kimber, again" gets posted in 3 months. ;)

Short-barrel/slide 1911s just do not work reliably, pretty much across the board. Buy a Glock. Buy an M&P. Buy a SIG. Buy a decent-side-length 1911. Just pick one.

#28 ·
Kimbers are the Harley Davidson of the Gun world, you can find something just as good or better for a lot less money.
That is NOT true. Kimbers are made 100% in the USA. Metric guns are often NOT dimensionally correct when it comes to an American design like the 1911.

I got a good deal on my Kimber (cheaper than all but the cheapest Springfields), but rest assured, THERE WOULD BE NO CHEAP 1911s with extra features like beavertail grip safeties, ambies, front strap checkering, factory match barrels, polished/throated barrels, etc., if not for the 1911 revolution pioneered by Kimber in the 90s.

You would be hard-pressed to build ANY American 1911 into what a Kimber is from the factory for the price.

I own a Harley, and it certainly is not a "refined" bike. A Kimber IS a well-refined, mass produced, semi-custom pistol. I have not seen anything in its price range on the market that competes. The Springer loaded comes close, as does the Taurus, but these are both Brazilian made guns that do not have anywhere near the quality that Kimber offers.

Yes, they're expensive--and they're worth it compared to what it'd cost to get a metric gun upgraded to how they come STOCK.

#13 ·
well i gus keep giving me other options, i have never heared anything bad about Kimber, tell now. and i love the 1911's, don't get me wrong i'm a springfeild guy aswell i just think it will be a little heavy. im 6' 262 lbs. the problem is there are to many choices out there....

and how do you really know what to buy, i'm sure there are some guns that were made on a mondays and people just dont want to work on mondays

#17 ·
XD, Glock or Sig compact or subcompact, cheaper, just as reliable if not more so and easier to conceal because the subcompact's are smaller. Kimber makes some sexy guns, but who cares what a concealed gun looks like they usually look like crap after a few months of holstering anyhow, and chances are nobody's ever going to see it. Spend the extra cash on classes, ammo or save up a little more and get something sexy for the range.

#20 ·
wierd, I have never had any problems with mine, and I do driveby shootings with it almost every weekend :D

#22 ·
I've always liked the Kimbers, but they are way over priced.
Therefore resale is low.

If I could find one used at a fair price, I would be interested.
That way someone has already taken the beating on the price.
There are too many good guns that are arguably better for nearly half the price.

#29 ·
Actually they are assembled in America. The barrels and springs are made in china and have been since the new big man on campus took over. I had a S.I.S. i bought new in January. It jammed constantly so i sent it back, took 7 weeks to get it back and it still wouldnt cycle. Let a local gunsmith mess with it and he said there was a tolerance issue and to send it back again. I didnt i took it right to the gun shop where i bought it and put it on consignment and bought a Glock. I know where 3 more Kimbers are on the shelf with the same problem. Pre 00 Kimbers are much different guns than the new ones.

#31 ·
That is simply not true. I have heard that bullshit spewed for years. My Kimber was manufactured as part of a limited production run in 2000, but that is irrelevant to this discussion.

"Every Kimber 1911 pistol is proudly made in a state-of-the-art American factory from the finest raw materials and with manufacturing tolerances up to three times as tight as the competition. Over 200 inspections are performed during the manufacturing process by both people and specialized machines. When completed, every pistol must pass a comprehensive safety inspection that includes test firing to ensure all quality standards have been met. Unlike other manufacturers, Kimber does not purchase from 1911 parts houses. After all, the only way to do things right is to do them yourself."

Kimber makes nearly everything on their pistols, and they are 100% Made in USA as far as I know. ALL of them have match barrels. Most of them have other features that are not offered in their price range.

Kimbers are certainly not RRA, Les Baer, Wilson Combat or the like, but they are well-made, American, match-grade semi-custom pistols that are mass produced.

#32 ·
well i think and hope it will work out fine, if it dont i will sell and buy another name brand,

live and learn.... if it dont work out

#33 ·
I recently got the CDP II and love it. It carries well and is not too bulky. It is will provide the firepower you need and is incredibly accurate and smooth. Certainly worth the price. Look around your local stores and online, I got mine brand new for $985.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.