Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i was on here a while ago, with a DD that i ocassionally wheeled, but now i've done it. here's what i got:
1983 silverado LWB
new GM crate 350(900miles)
TH400
NP208
60/14FF(detroit)
39.5TSL's

right now it's just sitting...im waiting on the D-shafts to be finished(going cv out back). i know all you guys play on the rocks, but im 99%mud down here in FL. i do hope to take it up to telico when we go visit the inlaws later this year. i know it's got chrome on it, but it's also gonna be capable. im runnin 8in BDS's up front with a zero rate pushin her forward, crossover steering and one ton dually springs with a shackle flip out back. i still need to add a zero rate to the rear to move it back. let me know what you guys think!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it will once i get my shafts made. :) the steering box is already ported and tapped and im waiting on lines and the cylinder for hydro assist. im also in the market for a locker for the front, just gotta wait for funds to build back up a bit.

·
Registered
280 Posts
that thing is fawking clean, im guessing you mudd mostly from the lift?

i like the gauges, looks factory.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, mostly mud. thanks...the gauges are all in the factory spots...then on the pillar i have trans temp and vac. i am DD'ing it to work for now, about a mile each way and wheel on the weekends and every chance i get. i plan on getting a cummins in about a year or so to tow it with.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, only a tad bit of rust on the pass side under the door...but im going to have that taken care of real soon. everything from the frame down has been rebuilt. all new bearings, brakes, brake lines, etc. it has spray in bedliner and a new motor...only stock parts are the reman'd TH400 and the NP208. which will both be swapped out for a NV4500/205 setup once these "let go".

xrayjeeper83, im in bradenton, just south of tampa. a hair north of sarasota.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know, i know, dually springs hinder flex, BUT for now, and for the next year while it's mud only and DD'ing it....i need the springs to tow. when it's my offroad rig only, ill go to some custom rear springs.

jeff, i really want a cowl hood, but right now i need function over look unfortunately, so locker for the front and hydro assist are next on my list...
thanks for the compliments guys. can't wait to get some mud pics for ya.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
If the truck is built for mud your gonna want to keep the auto and forget about the NV4500. If it were me I would get rid of the small block and build a nice 454 or 496 chevy to help pull the big sucker through the mud. Or you could just add a bottle to the little sbc....:smokin:

·
Registered
131 Posts
beutiful truck man. i remember when mine looked like that. you got to put that in the trucks gone wild shit down there. nice job

·
Registered
381 Posts
Man thats a beauty, It would pain every bone in my body to see it mangled, you shuold look for a beater to be a beater haha. I love those trucks, thats my favorite front end etc. Its just too pretty to beat up, but you gotta do what you gotta do........

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Nice truck. Everyone gave me Sh!t for turning my clean rust free 88' K5 into a mud rig, but i wanted to start with something i knew was solid from the begining. I'm going to try to make it to mud fest in okechobee next year, hopefully yours will be there:smokin:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh yeah, ill be there...i plan on runnin the trucks gone wild events too... atleast going to them and fuckin off you know...thanks for the compliments guys.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice rig, looks like mine! I have a Buick 455,TH400-205 inplanted into it and it flies with 39.5 TSL's. It blows the doors off my burb with the 454. Those 455's have lots of torque (500ish). In the back I'd go with soft springs and air bags. Don't forget to brace that frame around the powersteering box!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts