Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
We won't be there this yr, I think they are gearing it more to the local guys to have fun. Careful with ther stopwatch stuff- get's out of hand in a hurry

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Go2Guy said:
We won't be there this yr, I think they are gearing it more to the local guys to have fun. Careful with ther stopwatch stuff- get's out of hand in a hurry
Sorry you can't make it!

Say more about the stopwatch stuff! What should we look out for?

Thanks,

Al

·
Registered
794 Posts
of corse we'll all be there...cause its at our boss's place...
some awesome wheelin....

three classes of rigs.
1- 36in tire and down
2- 37in tire and up
3- Tube chassis buggies (anything with out a factory frame from center axle to center axle) of any tire size....also, any Uroc competitors will be in the 3rd class no matter what their rig.

-James

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Albin said:
Sorry you can't make it!

Say more about the stopwatch stuff! What should we look out for?

Thanks,

Al
We drive enough on the edge without a stopwatch- add fastest time wins and every team is driving on the hairy edge of what they think they can control- often there judgement can't keep up with the gazillion variables and they go wide and deep- if a crowd is there????

·
Registered
794 Posts
Go2Guy said:
We drive enough on the edge without a stopwatch- add fastest time wins and every team is driving on the hairy edge of what they think they can control- often there judgement can't keep up with the gazillion variables and they go wide and deep- if a crowd is there????

oh yea, its gonna be great to watch...probly gonna be alot of rollovers...and tons of body damage...

-James

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
SuperProducer said:
Anyone know how many competed last year?
I'd say 16-24 each of the last 3 yrs, but I'm guessing

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
TEX said:
What do you do with 36.5's? :p

TEX
Here are the actual classification rules, direct from our website:

"Limited Small: Factory frame from front axle to rear with 36" or smaller tires

Limited Big: Factory frame from front axle to rear with taller than 36" tires

Unlimited: Tube or custom frame at any point between the axles, and any size tires."

Therefore, 36.5" tires (assuming one exists) is in the "Limited Big" classification.

KOTH website:

http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/competitionstuff/2005kothevent.htm

Thanks,

Al

·
Premium Member
40,287 Posts
Albin said:
"Limited Small: Factory frame from front axle to rear with 36" or smaller tires

Limited Big: Factory frame from front axle to rear with taller than 36" tires
Therefore, 36.5" tires (assuming one exists) is in the "Limited Big" classification.
Thank you :)

TEX

·
Registered
794 Posts
doc, i thought we said something about the uroc guys bein in the 3rd class, i guess i miss understood....

"how many competitors were there last year"

from what i understand, this isn't gonna be anything like the previous events...
but i guess us Rocket City guys dont have much say in the matter...

-james

·
Registered
532 Posts
i am plannin on bring my p.o.s. up there. have a few friends that are wantin to compete too. hopfully this damn alabama humidty wont be to bad cuz right now it is hotter than hell :evil:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts