Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
knuckles, steering arms, LC

Are mini truck steering arms the same as for the later 40 and 60 LCs? I know the knuckles are the same for the 79-85 (right?) as they are for the 1980 and newer LCs...but what I can't find info on is if the TREs all have the same taper etc. Specifically, can a FJ60 TRE fit into a mini truck steering arm? Anyone? Anyone? Any write-ups or FAQs that list this crap? I searched on IH8MUD, LCML archives and this board but can't find the specific answer...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Several people I know have used tie rod ends from fj80 on their mini truck steering arms.
A good source for info might be Rock Stomper, they sell high steer kits for Land Cruisers that use mini truck knuckles.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
The left mini truck arm has the "J" hook for the steering. Not the same as the cruiser. I think the tierod taper is the same as FJ60's...

·
Registered
652 Posts
the taper for the tierod is the same for fj-40/60/80 and minitruck. it's the thread's that are different.

dave

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Yup, yup... they are the same. The difference will be the tie-rod and dragling thread sizes.. cruiser ones are way burlier... Need a heavy duty tie-rod or dragling? Cuz' I got all the taps....:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts