Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing a lot of people say that with full hydraulic steering I will blow out my steering knuckles. What can I buy, get, find, take, fabricate, or swindle to make sure my front dana 60 knuckles wont detonate with full hydraulic steering? Any information would be great.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I would take your question to the newb general 4x4, you might get a better answer there...

here, all these guys know is "its a jeep thing, they dont understand much more than that":flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Mikey, From my experience,the only way I can see full or assist hydraulic steering "blowing out a knuckle" is by not having the end stops or ram travel right. Nothing is unbreakable, I've seen pics of broken D60 knuckles, but most appeared to be rock induced, bound up breakage.;)

WE~have had both~PS

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Do a search for Welderboy's fabricated knuckles.
He builds them out of steel plate, very stout.

But $1500 for a pair:eek: Big ol' spank on the peepee!!:eek:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
weps nailed it. Make sure your stops are turned enough so that the ram has full travel and then let the stops hit. Don't let the stops limit the ram because it will win. Most of the brakes are due to no feel though so you have to be careful when turning the wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts