Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Awesome, mtrent3450 - winner winner chicken dinner!

Let's do this, shoot us an e-mail at [email protected] and we'll take it from there. Let us know who you are and we'll get you set up.

Thanks! Spread the word around for us!

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Missed it by two likes.... love pdf maps!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I am a Firefighter in my day job. We use PDF Avenza (similar program) at work daily and I will tell you it has made a standard GPS all but obsolete.

Good idea!
Avenza is the parent company who developed PDF-Maps - so likely the exact same app. There's applications (pun intended) for it everywhere. Powerful tool.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Will this have the trails on the map also?
There will be a few trails that are pertinent to the course on each map.

However, it is our intention to produce a map or perhaps map(s) of Johnson Valley showing all of the hammer trails, land boundaries, etc.
So, use the course maps to get around to the spectator spots, watch the race, stay tuned for the main map post-KOH event.
Not to mention, if you're a driver, use it to navigate the course! These maps will show so much more than what a Lowrance with a single black line and an occasional waypoint will show. Load it on a tablet or iPad in a ruggedized case http://www.gumdropcases.com and a RAM mount http://www.rammount.com/products/xgrip (we can get those for you as well - just ask) and go racing!

Moab trails coming as well. :cool:

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
There will be a few trails that are pertinent to the course on each map.

However, it is our intention to produce a map or perhaps map(s) of Johnson Valley showing all of the hammer trails, land boundaries, etc.
So, use the course maps to get around to the spectator spots, watch the race, stay tuned for the main map post-KOH event.
Not to mention, if you're a driver, use it to navigate the course! These maps will show so much more than what a Lowrance with a single black line and an occasional waypoint will show. Load it on a tablet or iPad in a ruggedized case Durable iPad Cases and iPhones Cases | Gumdrop Cases and a RAM mount RAMMOUNTS - X-Grip® Mounts (we can get those for you as well - just ask) and go racing!

Moab trails coming as well. :cool:
Awesome.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
...and by the way guys and gals, do the math.

A $10 map from us, a tablet or iPad, case and mount and you're still under the cost of Lowrance with antenna.

Does a Lowrance look this clear?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just to clarify, the main benefit of this product is the quality of the map? I can easily find GPS tracks for the trails in Johnson Valley and load them to my GPS, but I'm limited to what maps I can use. I think your product would be a specialized map that was built to be dedicated to KOH for example. Am I understanding it right?

Just to be clear, I'm not knocking it, just trying to find out where/how it fits in. Thanks.

James

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yes, our maps are our advantage. We are cartographers first. That's what we do. We just happen to love wheeling too.

There is so much more that we can convey on a map using this system as compared to a standard GPS unit. In a regular handheld unit like a Garmin 60 series, you're going to get a line and some waypoints. We can get text in there, color coding, we handle the contours, new Marine boundaries, BLM boundaries, endless options. We can name all of the trails right there on the map rather than having to move your cursor over the line (like in a Garmin) to bring up the name of the trail. We sort out all of that other information for you so all you have to do is wheel.

Does that help? It's kinda one of those things that once you see it, you'll get it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Love it!! This will be the first time to KOH for my brother and I so this mapping will be very helpful. Arizona has some kick ass trails that could use this mapping, (hint, hint).

Benny.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Also my 1st year and agree az Needs some mapping

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
PM me some contact info, I'd like to discuss Moab with you for Bronco Safari (Might work equally as well for Jeep Safari) we run less trails than JS though
Should have a PM from us. Look forward to chatting with you. Happy to help.

21 - 40 of 296 Posts