Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 296 Posts

·
MAll Crawler
100 Posts
So lets say i have a tablet and a smart phone, for the free hammertown map will i be able to download it to both devices from the same login? For the pay map, will it have to be bought twice? or can it be loaded on two devices with the same google id?

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
So lets say i have a tablet and a smart phone, for the free hammertown map will i be able to download it to both devices from the same login? For the pay map, will it have to be bought twice? or can it be loaded on two devices with the same google id?
I already asked that. The answer is no.

Sorry guys, one download per purchase.
It's not a purchase through Google or iTunes but through CartoTracks.
File control (think of it like a license for software) gets extremely complicated through those two sources. We had to come up with a way to prevent file sharing (not saying y'all are intending to do this, but it would happen if we didn't control it somehow. We'll be working on ways around this soon as y'all aren't the first to ask.

We recommend this third party app and have some limits to how we handle things like this. However, it's our goal to create our own app soon that would do much more. Baby steps. We're not a year old yet as a business.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I already asked that. The answer is no.
Actually, I might need to change my answer.

We've been working on settings this morning in our system.

Here's what you *should* be able to do:

Free maps - like Hammertown - the link you'll receive from us once you go to the site, add to cart, checkout process.... should be able to copy and paste that very link into multiple devices for multiple downloads.

"Pay" maps - like the course maps (once those are made "live") and our other maps for sale, those should only allow one download to one device per link.

We want everyone in Hammertown to have the Hammertown map and use it!
:beer:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Yep, sorry about that.

We're trying to prevent the inevitable phone calls when things aren't downloading properly for folks on the lakebed with limited signal trying to download the map. This way, at least with the freebie map, you'll have infinite number of shots at it and it doesn't throw the ban-hammer at you after more than one attempt.

Y'all just remember to make sure you've got the best connection possible when downloading it. Once downloaded, it's yours, on your device. Walk or drive out of signal at that point and you're good to go.

Nothing we can do for the pay downloads for obvious reasons. We'd be selling one maps to all of Pirate4x4. We know how cheap y'all are! :shaking:

Thank you all for your business!

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Speaking of that, I've been sitting here refreshing gmail waiting on the download link after I went through checkout and it's not coming through. I have a great signal here. How long do we usually have to wait for the email?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Just registered on the site and got the Hammertown map. Looks great, can't wait to try it out next week. :smokin:

I got 3 e-mails (registration, file download, and order details) in a matter of seconds after I hit the submit button so it must all depend on cell provider, e-mail, location, etc.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry if I missed it but do you know when the coarse map will be available for download? I already loaded the hammertown map, easy enough, thanks.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I ordered the Hammertown map. However when I go to "File downloads" I see the Map with 0/1 dowloands and addresses, but there's no hyperlink and the link address reverts me back to the "File downloads' page.

This is on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Hope it works so I can buy the course map.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
If y'all don't mind, shoot us an e-mail directly to [email protected] and we'll figure out what's going on through e-mail. We're learning from any issue each time something pops up.

We'll start out by replying to your e-mail with the link you need and some instructions. Could be something going on with your e-mail. Check you spam folder, BTW.

61 - 80 of 296 Posts